Windows 10: Camera app producing darker, out-of-focus image since Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Camera app producing darker, out-of-focus image since Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the last year, I've used the Windows Camera app to self-tape video locally. I have a Logitech c922 webcam that usually comes in perfectly clear in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffEisenband, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Camera app producing darker, out-of-focus image since Windows 10 Update

For the last year, I've used the Windows Camera app to self-tape video locally. I have a Logitech c922 webcam that usually comes in perfectly clear in the camera app. After updating my software last week, the camera app is now producing a darker, blurrier image. The same Logitech webcam is coming in perfectly clear on every other app Logitech Capture, Zoom, Teams, etc., so I know this is a camera app problem, not a webcam problem. I've followed everything on the internet for a week I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, updated all drivers, reverted to my previous form of Windows and even reset my whole computer Alienware Aurora R9. Still, the issue persists.

How do I fix this? See attached screenshots. The photo on the left is the current image and the photo on the right is the usual image. Thank you!

Camera app producing darker, out-of-focus image since Windows 10 Update [​IMG]

:)

JeffEisenband, Mar 4, 2021
  2. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 4, 2021
  4. robinpe Win User

Camera app producing darker, out-of-focus image since Windows 10 Update

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Camera app producing darker, out-of-focus image since Windows 10 Update

1. Camera app producing darker, out-of-focus image since Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Camera app producing

2. Massive stutters in out of focus apps since upgrade to win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive stutters in out of focus apps since upgrade to win 11: Updated to windows 11 with a fresh install recently, whenever i am in a resource intensive game all of my other apps start stuttering.Mainly microsoft edge, which is a problem cause i watch videos and such on my second monitor. This was not an issue in windows 10 and my...
  3. Massive stutters in out of focus apps since upgrade to win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive stutters in out of focus apps since upgrade to win 11: Updated to windows 11 with a fresh install recently, whenever i am in a resource intensive game all of my other apps start stuttering.Mainly microsoft edge, which is a problem cause i watch videos and such on my second monitor. This was not an issue in windows 10 and my...
  4. camera image flipped since updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camera image flipped since updating to windows 10: I have an older asus laptopk501D and upgraded to windows10 from 7. since then the camera image has been flipped not only in the camera app but also google meet. I scoured this site plus asus's driver site and still haven't found the correct driver to install. I went as far as...
  5. Camera produces frosted image

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera produces frosted image: My camera turns on but it produces a frosted image like below. I've made sure the latest driver is installed. I have Windows 10 version 20H2. Any ideas? [ATTACH] frosted image...
  6. FIX: Camera Produces a Dark Red Image.

FIX: Camera Produces a Dark Red Image.: I was able to see only a bright image when shining a flashlight in front of the lens. I tried driver replacements and software tweaks. I also reset my Windows 10. All this to no avail. Finally I simply tried cleaning the lens with alcohol and instantly a normal image...
  7. Camera focus

Camera focus: Due to the run on cameras I've had to obtain an old Vimicro USB 2.0 camera. VC0321. It's working in one of our USB 2.0 ports but the focus is very poor. I've tried twisting what may be the focus ring on the front but it never shows decent focus. I can't locate a user...
  8. Out of focus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Out of focus: Hello. A few days ago (09/09/19, there abouts) I started noticing text/icons in my desktop windows falling out of focus. At first it seem to be mainly be the text, now it seems to have progressed to the icons and the complete window dialouge/frame in whole. [ATTACH] As...
  9. Camera app not showing image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app not showing image: The camera app on Windows 10 is not showing any image despite the camera is turned on (light next to the camera). Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Screenshot of the camera app is attached. [ATTACH]...
  10. Apps that are out of focus appear blurry

Apps that are out of focus appear blurry: Apps that are not in focus appear blurry, text and images after about 3 seconds of not using them but become clear as soon as you click the app or move the mouse near the app causes it to go back into focus, This only started happening yesterday, My drivers are up to date and...