Windows 10: Camera App saving to random location

Discus and support Camera App saving to random location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, The Camera App is saving to a random location. None of the information I've found has come close. When I open the image, it has opened in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OrryNotSorry, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Camera App saving to random location

Hi all,

The Camera App is saving to a random location. None of the information I've found has come close.

When I open the image, it has opened in the Photo app, but has no UI to save or manage the images. I can only organize them into albums...
    When I select a photo, the UI gives me an option to "import" which just requests a folder location to import...

I managed to find the folder location saved: C:\Users\<my profile>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\CameraRoll.library-ms

How on earth do I change that?

Orry R.

:)

OrryNotSorry, Jan 7, 2021
  2. Greg258 Win User

Photographs saved in camera roll not showing location

Hello

I, too, have lost this particular functionality.

I have the 950. At first, the location was saved with photos, but no longer.

I have reviewed all the privacy and location settings I can think of. Everything is enabled. I have tried the soft reset suggested by Jose, and that has made no difference.

Here's the settings I've checked:

• Privacy Settings
      • Location Settings
        • Location = "on"
        • Relevant Apps set to access location:
          • Blink
          • Camera
          • Cortana
          • Lumia Creative Studio
          • Lumia Motion Data
      • Camera Settings
        • Let apps use my camera = "on"
      • Background Apps Settings
        • Windows Camera = "On"
    I can't find anything else that affects the camera and its access to location data.

Can anyone help?

Greg258, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    MS Camera App

Hi,

Configuration settings may be the possible cause why you're unable to change the location of where you save your photos. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to choose other location before aside from This PC or D Drive?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to change the location where you save your Photos as a work around:

• Go to Libraries then select the Camera Roll.
    • Right-clicked Camera Roll and choose Properties.
    • Under Camera Roll Properties, Click the button Add and look for OneDrive.
    • After choosing OneDrive, click Set as location button.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Camera App saving to random location

Moving to a retail location. Need camera advice.

Who has experience with IP cameras? I need to place 2 or 3 cameras in my showroom and have the ability to view them from any location and also have the video recorded.

Any suggestions on a cheap camera/software package to do this? I have computers and network hardware I can dedicate for the job.

Lazzer408, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Camera App saving to random location

1. Camera App saving to random location - Similar Threads - Camera App saving

2. "Web Camera" app storage location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Web Camera" app storage location: Split from this thread. Hi Chandy, I seem to be going over the same ground with this question! At present, all my videos and photos taken with my "Web Camera" app are saved to the "new" Photo app which I am pleased with If I wasn't using this app the only other place they are...
  3. Windows camera app precise location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows camera app precise location: What does it mean when your windows camera app can access your precise location? Does it have access to view through the camera your location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-camera-app-precise-location/89c7917e-313b-4b9e-838d-a8b1e5ed555c
  4. Camera App save file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App save file location: I can't find a Setting for me to choose where to save Photos and Videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-save-file-location/7c6e4875-1005-4f08-9033-90d02a482ac6
  5. Camera App save file location

Camera App save file location: I can't find a Setting for me to choose where to save Photos and Videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-save-file-location/7c6e4875-1005-4f08-9033-90d02a482ac6
  6. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  7. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  8. Camera App file location

9. Save location for web camera Windows 10

Save location for web camera Windows 10: I've been trying to fix all of the issues OneDrive has created for me, and I'm almost there! I found a problem with my save location for my web camera. Whenever I record a video it default saves to: This PC >> WindowsC: >> Users >> watts >> OneDrive >> Pictures >> Camera...
  10. Changing Save Location Of Apps

Changing Save Location Of Apps: I tried to change the save location of apps so that I could install fallout 76 through the Xbox app on my computer, however it gave me the error code "0x80070002" and said that the operation could not complete successfully. P.S I do have a steamlibrary folder in the...