Windows 10: Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?

Discus and support Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have HP laptop. It has Win 10 Pro 64bit installed in it. From last few days the camera app is not working back then it worked fine. When I open the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abhik RanjanThakur, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?

I have HP laptop. It has Win 10 Pro 64bit installed in it. From last few days the camera app is not working back then it worked fine. When I open the app, it shows "Something went wrong, make sure your camera is connected & not being used by another app." I have no other app installed which uses camera. I also tried troubleshooting & updating the camera driver. But nothing worked. Please help. Thanks in advance.

I have attached screenshot of the problem. Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10? 6a3f7b2d-f872-4b31-a10a-14832703029f?upload=true.png

:)

Abhik RanjanThakur, Aug 29, 2020
  2. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Aug 29, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?

Camera has stopped working it says, "Something went wrong. Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app."

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues with the camera and getting error message “Something went wrong. Make sure your camera is connected and not being used by another app."

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• Does the issue persist only on Camera app or when using other applications?
    • Do you get any error code along with the error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is it an inbuilt camera or external camera?
    Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Method 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store, try running the

Apps troubleshooter
    . This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please also update camera driver from the computer manufacturer's website
    and check.

For more information follow the below link.

Install & update drivers in windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Also refer the link on Fix Windows Camera app problems with PC cameras,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-windows-camera-app-problems-with-pc-cameras

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10?

1. Camera app says "something went wrong" in win 10? - Similar Threads - Camera app says

2. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Update it says something went wrong: In Windows Update it says something went wrong and im losing my mind tryng to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-update-it-says-something-went-wrong/0d4572d7-cdf8-4d7b-a918-b04320847138
  3. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows Update it says something went wrong: In Windows Update it says something went wrong and im losing my mind tryng to figure it out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-update-it-says-something-went-wrong/0d4572d7-cdf8-4d7b-a918-b04320847138
  4. In Windows Update it says something went wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. keeps saying something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  6. keeps saying something went wrong?

keeps saying something went wrong?: I recently got my monitor back and i forgot my pin number, i try to put i forgot password and i do everything as i’m told. the last step where it tells me if i’m sure and everything i press continue and it keeps saying something went wrong? i don’t what’s the problem but my...
  7. Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Camera says "Something went wrong. Could not turn on camera": I have verified that the camera works because it is detected by the program from the manufacturer Logitech G Hub and the camera turns on and works fine in the camera app and in third party applications....
  8. Microsoft account says something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft account says something went wrong: I just updated my laptop to windows 10, 1909 and when I try to sign in using my Microsoft account it says something went wrong and I can't even access Microsoft store...
  9. Camera app says "something went wrong" while trying to record

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app says "something went wrong" while trying to record: Every time I were to start to record, my camera would say "something went wrong" with a bunch of numbers and letter underneath. Then, I followed a suggestion from Microsoft that happened with another person's microphone, and checking the properties to see if they work and all...
  10. Phots app - 'Something Went Wrong'

Phots app - 'Something Went Wrong': Hi All Trying to create a brief video using my photos. I am unable to export the video - instead its the 'Something Went Wrong' message and kindly replays the video i cannot export?! Any help appreciated. Thanks Simon...