Windows 10: Camera app shows gray icon with a cross sign

Discus and support Camera app shows gray icon with a cross sign in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; camera is not working comes up ongray screen with pic of camera crossed out... no visual for video too.. cant find how to fix ***Modified title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trishagianatasio, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Camera app shows gray icon with a cross sign

camera is not working comes up ongray screen with pic of camera crossed out... no visual for video too.. cant find how to fix

***Modified title from: when I go to camera the screen comes up gray w/ pic of camera with a cross out sirn.... no visual for video too cant fix it why is camera and video not working???***

:)

trishagianatasio, Oct 15, 2019
  2. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Oct 15, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

Camera app shows gray icon with a cross sign

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Camera app shows gray icon with a cross sign

1. Camera app shows gray icon with a cross sign - Similar Threads - Camera app shows

2. Why is my camera app showing a Grayed/colorless perspective? How to fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my camera app showing a Grayed/colorless perspective? How to fix this?: When opening my camera app, my screen shows a black and white perspective of the thing that is in front of the lense. theres no setting to change the webcam & I've tried changing the saturation on other apps....
  3. Cross on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross on Desktop Icons: Hi all,I have just got a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 11.Some of my desktop icons have a white cross in a red circle on them instead on the white square with the blue arrow.Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to fix this I am not an IT expert...
  4. Cross on Desktop Icons

Cross on Desktop Icons: Hi all,I have just got a Dell Inspiron 3910 with Windows 11.Some of my desktop icons have a white cross in a red circle on them instead on the white square with the blue arrow.Can someone give me a step by step guide on how to fix this I am not an IT expert...
  5. Windows defender showing a red cross sign

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender showing a red cross sign: After the last update of windows 10 windows defender is showing a red cross sign. Although i have restarted my device multiple times then also the same issue persists. Does anybody out there know any solution to fix this problem of mine.I am providing you the screen shots...
  6. Battry icon showing red cross line .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battry icon showing red cross line .: Hello, good evening. I am on Windows 10, and OS build 19042.746. Recently I notice the Battery icon on my taskbar showing empty with a red X symbol after the Windows starts. It stays there for 2 to 3 seconds and then disappears, though my battery is almost fully charged....
  7. Application Icon changes to a cross sign.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application Icon changes to a cross sign.: Hi ! Recently the icons of many applications have turned into cross signs . These include - Task Manager Command Prompt Windows Media Player and etc. [ATTACH] What should I do to restore the icons back ? And also , this didn't occur previously but only from a...
  8. There is a black Cross sign rather the desktop app icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There is a black Cross sign rather the desktop app icon: When I typed Task Manager in search bar... I found a cross sign in black background rather than its original icon... I searched in Google found that the users have a small cross in the original icon... but in my case the original icon is completely replaced by the cross in...
  9. when I go to camera the screen comes up gray w/ pic of camera with a cross out sirn.... no...

when I go to camera the screen comes up gray w/ pic of camera with a cross out sirn.... no...: camera is not working comes up ongray screen with pic of camera crossed out... no visual for video too.. cant find how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-go-to-camera-the-screen-comes-up-gray-w-pic/93086abc-f38b-46b1-9f11-c9d73598137e
  10. My camera shows a chart partially on the screen with a line crossing a drawing of a camera....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera shows a chart partially on the screen with a line crossing a drawing of a camera....: My camera shows a chart partially on the screen with a line crossing a drawing of a camera. how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-camera-shows-a-chart-partially-on-the-screen/c7c34e08-a3cc-4989-abf7-d88f61b98f59