Windows 10: Camera app stopped working

Discus and support Camera app stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; oxA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704) I uninstalled device driver, rebooted and contacted Logitech. Please advise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JRoseBSJM, Nov 16, 2018.

1. JRoseBSJM Win User

Camera app stopped working

oxA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704)

I uninstalled device driver, rebooted and contacted Logitech.

Please advise.

:)

JRoseBSJM, Nov 16, 2018

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows Camera app not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Camera app stops recording and I will be happy to answer your query.

First of all, I would suggest you to run the inbuilt troubleshooter and check if it helps. Right click on Start>control panel>type troubleshooting in the top right search tab> Select View All from the right column> select Windows Store Apps> follow the onscreen
    prompts.

If this does not help then follow the steps listed below:

You may try to uninstall the apps using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Camera app.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows store.

You may check the functionality of the camera app after reinstalling the camera app.

Also, see: Camera app and webcams help

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 16, 2018
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Camera app stopped working - Similar Threads - Camera app stopped

2. camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  3. Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.: So recently, my webcam stopped working on Facebook but it still works in the camera app.All autorisations are on for the webcam and mic.The weird thing is if I unplug my speakers it works...I have not idea why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.Thanks...
  4. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: I was int he middle of a Zoom meeting when my camera stopped working. Troubleshooting did not work. Any ideas would be helpful. It is giving an error code of 0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  5. Camera app stopped working after update

Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  6. Camera App suddenly stopped working

Camera App suddenly stopped working: Help - my webcam camera suddenly stopped working. I use the built in camera and microphone to record myself for music videos and for zoom. I had just downloaded Filmora9 and when I tried going into the Camera App to record myself, got the following message. :- Close other...
  7. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  8. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7
  9. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working: The camera on my Lenovo laptop running windows 10 won't work more than three seconds on Skype before it shuts off. It doesn't work at all for any other livestreaming. I have restarted my laptop and searched permissions and settings but can't get the camera working. Any advice...
  10. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: [ATTACH] Camera stopped working. Light near the camera lens is turned green. Troubleshooting steps made: Camera privacy setting is turned on. Updated driver in Device Manager/ Cameras/ USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam, restarted laptop. No “stream.sys” found in Properties/ Driver...