Windows 10: Camera app stopped working

Discus and support Camera app stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; oxA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704) I uninstalled device driver, rebooted and contacted Logitech. Please advise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JRoseBSJM, Nov 16, 2018.

1. JRoseBSJM Win User

Camera app stopped working

oxA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704)

I uninstalled device driver, rebooted and contacted Logitech.

Please advise.

:)

JRoseBSJM, Nov 16, 2018

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Windows Camera app not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Camera app stops recording and I will be happy to answer your query.

First of all, I would suggest you to run the inbuilt troubleshooter and check if it helps. Right click on Start>control panel>type troubleshooting in the top right search tab> Select View All from the right column> select Windows Store Apps> follow the onscreen
    prompts.

If this does not help then follow the steps listed below:

You may try to uninstall the apps using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Camera app.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows store.

You may check the functionality of the camera app after reinstalling the camera app.

Also, see: Camera app and webcams help

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/camera-app-faq

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 16, 2018
  4. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Camera app stopped working - Similar Threads - Camera app stopped

2. Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point: Hi All, I work with in a school environment, and I came across this issue due to a class activity ran by a teacher. The issue is as stated above, when a student laptop re-tethers to a new WAP sometime the camera app stops working and gives the error code "0xa00f4244...
  3. Camera In-app settings not working

Camera In-app settings not working: The Windows Camera In-App settings is not working after the update on the RCA Cambio version 1. Images also look black and white. Here is my model, and an image of the error code. Model: W101SA23T2[ATTACH]...
  4. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera app not working: My camera app opens but just shows a black screen. I have a MSI MS-16P6 laptop. It is enabled in privacy settings and in MSI's SCM. I have updated the driver, uninstalled / reinstalled the driver, and uninstalled / reinstalled the app....
  5. windows camera app is not working.

windows camera app is not working.: Whenever i open the app my screen doesn't showing me image instead of that it is showing black screen. 0xA00F425E<VideoCaptureShotFailed> (0x80004005) i am getting this error on recording videos....
  6. Camera app not working.

Camera app not working.: My Microsoft camera app is not working in windows 10. it shows the message of permission to allow app in privacy settings. I have given permission to the app in privacy settings but still its showing the same message. please help.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Camera app does not work

Camera app does not work: After Windows 10 update (KB4343909), Camera app does not work any more with cameras like ManyCam or AVStream. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/camera-app-does-not-work/933e26f9-e497-4c50-909f-f7bd789aac76
  8. Web camera has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web camera has stopped working.: I just bought a new Lenovo ideapad 330 last month. All of a sudden, my webcam has stopped working. I am using it everyday for my work. What should I do? Please help!...
  9. real sense camera- stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    real sense camera- stop working: Hi guys! My real sense stop working after the upgrade of windows...2017 (last year)... i contacted hp because the problem is on an hp pavilion the tried to fix it and they told me that the problem was with the OS.. I contacted Microsoft and the worked with the PC.... after an...
  10. Apps stop working.

Apps stop working.: Hi, In the Reliability Monitor it claims that Photo App - stopped working. I used it briefly and closed it down and saw no evidence of any problem but as stated above the Monitor claims it stopped working. Am I closing it down incorrectly; I use the close button 'X' top...