Windows 10: Camera app stops recording if an install is started

Discus and support Camera app stops recording if an install is started in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The camera app could only record for seconds or minutes before it just stopped recording without any warning/error. I have now completely re-installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by daveq22, Jun 15, 2021.

1. daveq22 Win User

Camera app stops recording if an install is started

The camera app could only record for seconds or minutes before it just stopped recording without any warning/error. I have now completely re-installed Windows, and intel drivers, in an attempt to fix the issue. It seems to have improved significantly, but I can now reproduce the issue simply by starting any software install eg of 7Zip.

:)

daveq22, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

How to open camera and start camera recording in windows 10 using commands

Hi Kire,

The Camera app in Windows 10 helps you to take pictures, record videos, or stream video while video chatting. To open the Camera, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and choose Run.
    • Enter this command in the Run dialog box: microsoft.windows.camera:.
    • Click OK.

Automatic recording is unavailable in the Camera app. To record videos, you first have to switch to
    Video mode. Tap the Video button from the right side of the app’s window.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Windows Camera app not recording sound

I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup yesterday to have a Skype conversation with audio capture. I have tried replaying the video recorded in the Camera app in VLC, but there is no sound there either, so the problem is definitely with recording rather than playback. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

ricecrispies, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Camera app stops recording if an install is started

Windows Camera app not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Camera app stops recording and I will be happy to answer your query.

First of all, I would suggest you to run the inbuilt troubleshooter and check if it helps. Right click on Start>control panel>type troubleshooting in the top right search tab> Select View All from the right column> select Windows Store Apps> follow the onscreen
    prompts.

If this does not help then follow the steps listed below:

You may try to uninstall the apps using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Camera app.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows store.

You may check the functionality of the camera app after reinstalling the camera app.

Also, see: Camera app and webcams help

How to use the Camera app

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Camera app stops recording if an install is started

1. Camera app stops recording if an install is started - Similar Threads - Camera app stops

2. Windows 10 Camera App will not record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera App will not record: Exact description on what is occurring:1. I have my web cam plugged in.2. I open up the camera app3. A video feed is showing the camera works4. I can take pictures5. However, when I hit the record button a. I hear the bleep noise, b. The video immediately stops and the feed...
  3. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  4. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  5. Problem with Camera App recording in stereo

Problem with Camera App recording in stereo: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, when I play the video back and listen with headphones, the sounds only comes from one side not both. How can I fix this VERY annoying problem since folks listening to my videos can also only hear the sound...
  6. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I'm trying to record myself on the Windows Camera App for a school project, but no sound is coming out when I play it back. I've tried troubleshooting, adjusting the microphone settings, and checking if the app has microphone access, but nothing is working. HELP! submitted...
  7. Camera App Doesn't Record Video

Camera App Doesn't Record Video: After getting my webcam I decided I would try and record some videos and test out the quality. I can open the camera app just fine and takes pictures fine, but when I go to try and take a video it stops within a second and gives me a pop-up box containing the text; "Start a...
  8. Recording when camera app is minimized

Recording when camera app is minimized: When I minimize my camera app, it stops recording. Is there any way to change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recording-when-camera-app-is-minimized/f947d961-3937-499b-9d58-0a52044a5218
  9. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup...
  10. Unable to record video in Camera app

Unable to record video in Camera app: I am unable to record video in my camera app.I don't know why?But i can take a snap in it. ***Original Title: Camera app issue*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-record-video-in-camera-app/56be50bb-4082-4d78-a6de-3055e7db00ad