Windows 10: Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point

Discus and support Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, I work with in a school environment, and I came across this issue due to a class activity ran by a teacher. The issue is as stated above,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Connor Sadler - IT Tech, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point

Hi All,

I work with in a school environment, and I came across this issue due to a class activity ran by a teacher.

The issue is as stated above, when a student laptop re-tethers to a new WAP sometime the camera app stops working and gives the error code "0xa00f4244 nocamerasareattached" or "0xa00f4271(0xC00d3704)".

The scenario that caused this issue is below.

The students were trying to take photos of some of the schools bush land and used the camera app integrated into the windows store OneNote app, some of the student laptops camera driver then corrupted itself, some and some were unaffected by this.

Error 0xa00f4244 happens when the camera driver corrupts itself and on a restart the driver then needs to be reinstalled.

Error 0xa00f4271 happens when the laptop connects to a new WAP, the driver doesnt corrupt itself, returning to the original WAP the device is connected to and re-opening the app causes the error code goes away and the app is then functional.

I have tested multiple locations with multiple devices, this only happens intermittently and during the test i ran a constant ping to make sure there is wireless connectivity. On the laptop devices the location settings are disabled and as such I don't see how the instance of re-tethering between WAPs affects the app. Additionally the app works fine while the wireless is disabled.

Has anyone had experience with this issue or know a way to resolve this in anyway.

Thanks Connor

:)

Connor Sadler - IT Tech, Mar 4, 2019
  2. FR@NK Win User

Problem with ip camera connecting over access point

I had just as much trouble getting my wireless IP cameras working :/

If you havent given up yet, first start with the basics and just have one access point connected will all security disabled and see if you can get the camera connected.
    If it connects then see if you can have your router reserve an IP address for the camera so the DCHP will always assign it the same IP address. If you cant then setup a static IP address for the camera. Next reboot everything on your network and see if the camera reconnects and is working. Then re enable wifi security and configure the camera and confirm that the camera reconnects and works after rebooting everything on the network. If it works then add your 2nd access point to the mix and verify the camera is works.

FR@NK, Mar 4, 2019
  3. twilyth Win User
    Problem with ip camera connecting over access point

I might not be using the right terminology so let me explain the set up.

I have a hard wired 8 port router with no wireless functionality. Why? Because at the time I couldn't find a wireless router with 8 ports. So to solve the wireless issue I got 2 access point boxes. They plug into a port on the router and then I configure them to be WPA2-PSK and create a password.

Oh and the boxs are configed to be 802.11 b/g/n so there shouldn't be any protocol issues. One is on channel 6 the other on channel 11. I have several (4) devices that currently connect to these boxes with no issues. Two android devices, a laptop and an old am/fm internet radio.

The IP camera works fine when I connect it directly to the router. I even have it port forwarded so that I can access it over the wan. But when I disconnect the cable, it goes dark. I can't even see it in the device list of the router which is odd since I can see the other wireless devices.

Now bear in mind that this is an old IP camera that I had sitting in a box for years. It's probably at least 5 years old. I just never got around to setting it up. And granted, it was probably never designed for access points although in the setup section it says it can handle both infrastructure connections and adhoc.

So I guess my question is what is the difference between a normal wireless router and an access point that could be causing this issue and what can I do to correct it?

Let me know if you need more info and thanks for any assistance.

twilyth, Mar 4, 2019
  4. brainiii Win User

Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point

IP camera issue with wireless Access Point

well I connected the second router as you said, indeed it stayed on the same subnet, but wouldn't give ip address to the camera, not in router or in AP mode.
    However, I managed to solve the problem even with 2 subnets.
    On the primary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the secondary router.
    On the secondary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the ip camera.

Now I can access the ip camera from the mobile app AND from any pc/browser externally.

solved, thanks for the suggestions

brainiii, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point

1. Camera app stops working after connecting to a different access point - Similar Threads - Camera app stops

2. Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.: So recently, my webcam stopped working on Facebook but it still works in the camera app.All autorisations are on for the webcam and mic.The weird thing is if I unplug my speakers it works...I have not idea why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.Thanks...
  3. Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.: Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. Getting this screen every time. Camera driver and Windows itself is updated to latest versions. Problem persists in third-party apps that use camera. Restarting device didn't help. Windows "Get Help" apparently reset...
  4. Camera app stopped working after update

Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  5. Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN: Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with my camera issue. Everytime I connect to VPN my camera stops working. To get it working again I need to open device manager, uninstall it and then reinstall. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? I am running...
  6. Camera App suddenly stopped working

Camera App suddenly stopped working: Help - my webcam camera suddenly stopped working. I use the built in camera and microphone to record myself for music videos and for zoom. I had just downloaded Filmora9 and when I tried going into the Camera App to record myself, got the following message. :- Close other...
  7. camera App not connecting to the camera

camera App not connecting to the camera: On my laptop Asus Zenbook 15 - UX534FT, during boot, the Hello program has no problem accessing the camera and it does recognize me with no problem. But none of the standard application that require the camera such as Camera, Zoom or Skype seem to be able to access the...
  8. Access ODBC connection stopped working

Access ODBC connection stopped working: Starting Monday, Feb 10, the ODBC connection on all my access databases stopped working. I cannot connect to the ODBC database, and Access keeps trying to open a second instance of the OSBC data, even though the source is open, the driver works, and the Windows 10 ODBC...
  9. Connect to Specific Access Point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to Specific Access Point: Hi. There are several Access Points at my home. The WiFi adapor in my notebook should always choose the one with the best reception, but it seems it's just too stupid to do that reliably. This results in bad bandwidth or worse, being disconnected again and again. Is there...
  10. Camera app stopped working

Camera app stopped working: oxA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704) I uninstalled device driver, rebooted and contacted Logitech. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working/279bc6dc-92d7-4e8d-81b4-c8465b986aa9