Windows 10: Camera App suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Camera App suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Help - my webcam camera suddenly stopped working. I use the built in camera and microphone to record myself for music videos and for zoom. I had just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew_037, May 20, 2020.

1. Camera App suddenly stopped working

Help - my webcam camera suddenly stopped working. I use the built in camera and microphone to record myself for music videos and for zoom. I had just downloaded Filmora9 and when I tried going into the Camera App to record myself, got the following message. :-

Close other apps

It looks as though another app is already using the camera. If you need it, here is the error code

OxA00F4243<Camera Reserved By Another App>OxCooD3704 Get Help OK

I have tried reinstalling the camera software, deleting Filmora9 and setting to a previous restore point but without success. Any advice?

Andrew

:)

Andrew_037, May 20, 2020
  2. Nitetrip Win User

Lumia 1520 Camera Suddenly Stopped Working

Nitetrip, May 20, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 20, 2020
  4. Camera App suddenly stopped working

apps wont work

This is the list of the apps that wont work in win 10

They used to work bus suddenly they stopped responding

Calendar, Voice recorder, mail, store, calculator, maps, alarm & clock, camera, people

I tried many of the suggested solutions I found on the web. Nothing worked. I hope that there exists indeed a solution

Thanks

Yiannis

IoannisPapadopoulosIP, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Camera App suddenly stopped working

1. Camera App suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Camera App suddenly

2. My camera and blue tooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera and blue tooth suddenly stopped working: With no reason at all my camera stopped working and is saying not detected and my blue tooth as well. I can not even use headpones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-and-blue-tooth-suddenly-stopped-working/418002a3-37ca-402f-aa96-d71a6a282963
  3. My camera and blue tooth suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera and blue tooth suddenly stopped working: With no reason at all my camera stopped working and is saying not detected and my blue tooth as well. I can not even use headpones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-and-blue-tooth-suddenly-stopped-working/418002a3-37ca-402f-aa96-d71a6a282963
  4. My camera suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My camera suddenly stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working. I've been using for zoom for over a year. I tried updating everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-suddenly-stopped-working/61c110cc-f686-4f83-9a82-d9574c949a6c
  5. Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.

Webcam stopped working on Facebook but works in camera app.: So recently, my webcam stopped working on Facebook but it still works in the camera app.All autorisations are on for the webcam and mic.The weird thing is if I unplug my speakers it works...I have not idea why this is happening. Any help would be greatly apprieciated.Thanks...
  6. Camera on Inspiron 7506 suddenly stopped working

Camera on Inspiron 7506 suddenly stopped working: The camera on my Inspiron 7506 suddenly stopped working. Worked one day and not next, so log in facial recognition doesn't work anymore, either. I tried driver uninstall and reboot, can't roll back driver update, if there are any. I've tried everything I can find on the...
  7. Camera app stopped working after update

Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  8. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  9. Camera suddenly not working.

Camera suddenly not working.: I use my built-in webcam for work every day (which involves video calls) and I have for the last year or so with the same laptop. I hadn't done anything new with my laptop in terms of hardware or software or anything recently. Here are my system specifications: LAptop:...
  10. Camera app stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app stopped working: oxA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704) I uninstalled device driver, rebooted and contacted Logitech. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working/279bc6dc-92d7-4e8d-81b4-c8465b986aa9