Windows 10: Camera app USB

Discus and support Camera app USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plugged in a new Creative Plug and Play Camera into a USB hub. My old cheap micro camera was still in there as well. It didn't show in the USB eject,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LarySparks, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Camera app USB

I plugged in a new Creative Plug and Play Camera into a USB hub. My old cheap micro camera was still in there as well. It didn't show in the USB eject, so I shut down and pulled it and restarted. Now when I turn on Camera with only the Creative in I still get this error.

Close other apps

It looks like another app is using the camera already,

if you need it the error code is:

0xA00F4288<AllCamerasAreReserved>

I have restarted a couple times and changed USB ports.

Might shut down USB hub and restart again.

Any thoughts?

:)

LarySparks, Nov 20, 2020

2. Error 0xA00F4240(0x80070057) Camera App

Hello,

In most of the cases the device drivers will be listed under its respective category in
    Device manager. All the drivers of the devices attached to or mostly will be used on the PC will be listed under
    Device manager. The device will not function if the driver of the respective device is not installed on the computer.

Check if the camera drivers are listed in Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand the option where WebCam drivers may be located and check if the drivers are present.
    • If present, right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Also, suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows
    10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 20, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Camera app USB

Camera app not working on Windows 10

Hello Phoebe,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Does it give any error message?

Suggest you to try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run built in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and select the same from the list

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter from the list

* Click Advanced, ensure to check Apply repairs automatically
    and also select Run as administrator

* Click Next and finish the troubleshooting by following the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows
    Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Camera app USB

1. Camera app USB - Similar Threads - Camera app USB

2. USB Camera Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Camera Freezes: My parents computer is having trouble with a USB camera. The Windows Camera app will display a picture, then the app freezes while the computer works. About two months ago, it worked fine, but now it has these problems. I have plugged the camera into another USB 2.0 port as...
  3. Usb microscope/camera

Usb microscope/camera: Please help this is day three of trying to accesss my camera. The screen is black. I've adjusted my security settings the built in camera works. I've uninstalled reinstalled. I've turned access off to my camera turned it back on and restatrted computer. I tries 5 apps before...
  4. USB 2.0 Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2.0 Camera: My Windows 10 detected the webcam. Now when I run the camera on skype it just show dark screen. That also applies to the Camera App. Now I check all the Privacy settings of the Camera is Enabled including the Mic. I try this test on Webcam Test and the webcam is running...
  5. USB Camera Driver

USB Camera Driver: I am trying to find a driver for a Bestguarder NV-900 camera. I'm told it could be a SPCA1628. Can't find anything that will help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera-driver/0a2abe9f-6596-4cbf-969f-4116e0c9571c
  6. USB camera

USB camera: When attempting to use usb camera I receive error message 0xAooF4271 media capture failed event 0x80070018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera/d7f9a1e0-424a-4dc7-beae-23881b6e6903
  7. Usb Camera

Usb Camera: My camera driver is installed and says that it is good. How to I get my video I`m recording on my screen? The last time I tried it , it only worked in the skype app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera/c7589c7b-66f1-4cef-a7cb-b3c999b63b19
  8. usb camera

usb camera: i have no sound and no video on skype its about this camera Omega Vimicro USB2.0 UVC PC Camera can somebody help me im useing windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera/95e01d99-d240-41fa-b2e1-d8c5cc670769
  9. Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10

Using a USB Camera with Camera app in Windows 10: I have a USB camera that is working in Skype and Zoom, but when I open the Camera App, I do not see a way to switch to that camera. I have checked in settings. Any advice would be appreciated. 140620
  10. Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.

Windows 10 Camera APP preview get frozen using USB camera.: HI, There is a simple scenario, a USB camera connect to a PC and the Camera APP preview for long time. After about dozens(sometimes hundreds) of hours, the Camera probably get frozen. The UVC frame format is mjpeg. I find 2 conditions of this issue. 1. It will not...