Windows 10: Camera app works on extended display but not laptop

Discus and support Camera app works on extended display but not laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've looked around but can't find the answer. How do I get my camera app to work on my laptop while using my extended display? The camera will work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyanColton, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Camera app works on extended display but not laptop

I've looked around but can't find the answer.

How do I get my camera app to work on my laptop while using my extended display? The camera will work if I duplicate the display, but that's kind of annoying to do every time I want to work the app.

This is the only time I face this issue. Zoom and other apps that use the camera work fine.

:)

RyanColton, Apr 13, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 13, 2020
  3. no audio on extended display

We would like to know more information from your end to know what is the next possible step that we can offer for you to resolve your issue.

• Were you able to get an audio on your extended display before? Or is this the first time that you will set up an extended display with your computer?
    • Aside from the HDMI cable, have you tried using VGA cable instead to connect to your extended display?
    • Can you verify if you have any audio on your speakers if you are not connected to the extended display?

We look forward to your reply.

Jarius Tol, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Camera app works on extended display but not laptop

no audio on extended display

Is your computer’s Operating System updated?

How about your Audio drivers, can you check if it is updated and can support HDMI audio output?

If your answer to those questions are yes, then you can check these steps to setup audio for your extended display:

• Connect your laptop to the extended display using the HDMI cable.
    • On the lower right side of your task bar, right click on the Audio icon.
    • Select Playback device
    • If you don’t see your extended display (T.V) you can right click on a blank space on the Playback tab and select Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.
    • One your extended display (T.V) is showing, please check if it is enable.
    • Then Select OK.

Do a test and check if the audio is now playing on the extended display, if issue still persists, try to restart your computer without removing the HDMI for both devices.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Camera app works on extended display but not laptop

1. Camera app works on extended display but not laptop - Similar Threads - Camera app works

2. My extended display not works when the laptop charger is plugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My extended display not works when the laptop charger is plugged.: I'm using a windows 11 hp laptop. I have another monitor to extend the display, and it works when the laptop is charger unplugged. But the laptop charger is plugged then the extended display not working in the extended monitor it shows - no video input, please check cable....
  3. My extended display not works when the laptop charger is plugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My extended display not works when the laptop charger is plugged.: I'm using a windows 11 hp laptop. I have another monitor to extend the display, and it works when the laptop is charger unplugged. But the laptop charger is plugged then the extended display not working in the extended monitor it shows - no video input, please check cable....
  4. 'Extend' display not working on Windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Extend' display not working on Windows 11 Laptop: I connected my laptop Windows 11 to my TV, using an HDMI cable, and turned on 'Extend' mode. But only the wallpaper showed up on my TV, and none of the apps, taskbar, or anything. However, when I turned duplicate screen, everything did show up. I want to use 'Extend' option....
  5. 'Extend' display not working on Windows 11 Laptop

'Extend' display not working on Windows 11 Laptop: I connected my laptop Windows 11 to my TV, using an HDMI cable, and turned on 'Extend' mode. But only the wallpaper showed up on my TV, and none of the apps, taskbar, or anything. However, when I turned duplicate screen, everything did show up. I want to use 'Extend' option....
  6. Extend Display Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend Display Not Working: My laptop's screen is broken. However, the laptop itself runs fine. To compensate for the broken laptop screen, I have it plugged into an external monitor via HDMI. I also have a second monitor which is actually a graphics display tablet. I cant seem to extend or project my...
  7. Extend Display Not Working

Extend Display Not Working: My laptop's screen is broken. However, the laptop itself runs fine. To compensate for the broken laptop screen, I have it plugged into an external monitor via HDMI. I also have a second monitor which is actually a graphics display tablet. I cant seem to extend or project my...
  8. Extended displays

Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  9. Pen tablet not working on extended display

Pen tablet not working on extended display: I am a 3d artist and I have to use pen tablet on a regular basis. I use 2 monitors as extended displays. Recently I upgraded my windows to win 11. Now the problem is my pen tab doesn't work on the secondary display, it's working on on the primary monitor. I have tried...
  10. laptop camera not working with meeting apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    laptop camera not working with meeting apps: It appears that my laptop camera does not work with Zoom, Join.Me or WebEx because of incompatibility with Windows 10. Microsoft does not have any information addressing this that I can find. I did uninstall and reinstall Zoom, and checked that I have latest version of...