Windows 10: Camera Black but has light on to say its on. This was after during using google hangouts...

Discus and support Camera Black but has light on to say its on. This was after during using google hangouts... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried uninstalling and re installing and trouble shooting. the camera came on for a split second after one of the attepts at trouble shooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eli2345, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Eli2345 Win User

Camera Black but has light on to say its on. This was after during using google hangouts...

I have tried uninstalling and re installing and trouble shooting. the camera came on for a split second after one of the attepts at trouble shooting but has not since.

I downloaded windows 10 but this happened some time after that. I use Zoom a lot but not usually google meets but each time i use Google meets the camera does something wierd.

HELP!

I have a Lenovo Laptop

:)

Eli2345, Mar 29, 2021

2. How To Unblock Camera and Mic so Google Hangouts Can Use Them

Hi,

When I started Google Hangouts in Chrome to do a video chat, I got a popup asking if I wished to disable and block the camera. I thought this was Hangouts asking me, but have since learned it was Windows 10 asking me.

So when I said "Yes" now my mic and camera never work in Hangouts.

In Windows 10, I clicked the Settings gear, chose Privacy, then Camera. That shows all my apps are allowed to use it, but Hangouts or Chrome are not listed as apps, so I cannot switch it from Off to On.

Unable to find a way to unblock Hangouts, I tried a System Restore and reset Windows 10 to yesterday. But that has no effect on Windows blocking Hangouts from using the camera and mic.

Are there settings in the Registry that need to be deleted to unblock this? Or is there some easier way.

JonathanBeacher, Mar 29, 2021
  3. On Google hangouts.

Someone I got to know on hangout claims we are the only two there.

But at times I see "Person is writing" on top bar.

But they say they not chatting to another.

Or could it be interferrience.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Windows Topic I could not find.

But its about google hangouts.

Rodcornish, Mar 29, 2021
  4. [Suejin] Win User

Camera Black but has light on to say its on. This was after during using google hangouts...

On Google hangouts.

Hello Rodcornish,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I can see that you have some concern with Google Hangouts.

It's best to seek assistance with the right channel of support. You can get assistance with Google Hangouts on this link:

https://support.google.com/hangouts/?hl=en#topi...

Kind regards.

[Suejin], Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Camera Black but has light on to say its on. This was after during using google hangouts... - Similar Threads - Camera Black has

2. Says Camera in use, but it's not!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Says Camera in use, but it's not!: OK, I know, there are a lot of posts about this and I've done all the suggested actions. Although, when I just searched 'camera in use', all the posts it showed had nothing to do with that. LOLSo, for instance, Google Meet tells me the camera is in use. On a .gov site where...
  3. Says Camera in use, but it's not!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Says Camera in use, but it's not!: OK, I know, there are a lot of posts about this and I've done all the suggested actions. Although, when I just searched 'camera in use', all the posts it showed had nothing to do with that. LOLSo, for instance, Google Meet tells me the camera is in use. On a .gov site where...
  4. Google hangout chat pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google hangout chat pops up: Hi,Every time I choose a topic in Microsoft news and interests after clicking on the taskbar a Google Hangout window opens telling me to proceed with chat that has replaced hangouts. How do I eliminate this behavior - it wasn't there a week ago.Arturo...
  5. Google hangout chat pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google hangout chat pops up: Hi,Every time I choose a topic in Microsoft news and interest on the taskbar a Google Hangout windows opens telling me to proceed with chat that has replaced hangouts. How do I eliminate this behavior - it wasn't there a week ago.Arturo...
  6. Google hangout chat pops up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google hangout chat pops up: Hi,Every time I choose a topic in Microsoft news and interest on the taskbar a Google Hangout windows opens telling me to proceed with chat that has replaced hangouts. How do I eliminate this behavior - it wasn't there a week ago.Arturo...
  7. Camera has no display but light indicates it is on.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera has no display but light indicates it is on.: I was part of a Zoom meeting a couple months ago. My camera was working but there was no sound. After the meeting I was checking around for settings that might enable the sound and at some point I remember a setting asking if I would allow outside apps access and I clicked...
  8. Google Hangouts in Gmail Broke After Today's Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Google Hangouts in Gmail Broke After Today's Windows Update: May 12, 2020 We get back home early this evening to find windows 10 ver. 1903 wanting to restart the computer to complete it's update. The update went smoothly. We have a voip phone, google hangouts in gmail. When we tried to place a call, the dialer box pops up normally but...
  9. google hangouts gone

in Cortana
    google hangouts gone: if I lose goo gle hangouts I will stay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-hangouts-gone/082ce43f-e3a4-477d-ace9-dc879a268108"
  10. google hangouts

in Browsers and Email
    google hangouts: Can anyone help me with a problem with google hangouts?? I can't add a photo anymore. It did work fine and now has quit. I go down and click the icon and it says attach a photo but it won't go to the picture file. What do I need to do Thanks Ben 100037