Windows 10: Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work

Discus and support Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On my Surface Pro 5 I used to login using the windows Hello face recognition. Since a couple of weeks after a windows 10 update was installed this... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Hans_Zelf, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Hans_Zelf Win User

Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work

On my Surface Pro 5 I used to login using the windows Hello face recognition.

Since a couple of weeks after a windows 10 update was installed this however does not work anymore. I get a message stating that the camera cannot be activated and that i have to login using the PIN. Camera is working fine in Teams or other application. There is only an issue with face recognition in Windows Hello.

:)

Hans_Zelf, Apr 23, 2020

2. windows hello camera not working

Hello,

Since the issue occurs after an update, it is possible that there's an issue with the drivers on your device. For us to effectively assist you, could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to troubleshoot camera
    problems in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work

1. Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work - Similar Threads - Camera activated Hello

2. Camera is not working for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is not working for Windows Hello: My facial recognition stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago. I followed all of the instructions in the troubleshooter and still nothing. Everytime I try to re-set it up, the camera looks like it wants to turn on but all I get is...
  3. Camera is not working for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not working for Windows Hello: My facial recognition stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago. I followed all of the instructions in the troubleshooter and still nothing. Everytime I try to re-set it up, the camera looks like it wants to turn on but all I get is...
  4. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?: Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-come-on-for-windows-hello/6eb12017-f8c8-4eaf-9fdf-08b8b680995c
  5. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?: Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-come-on-for-windows-hello/6eb12017-f8c8-4eaf-9fdf-08b8b680995c
  6. Windows Hello Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Camera is not working: After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 via bootable USB in my Dell Inspiron 7535 2-1, the face recognition is not working.The face recognition was working properly in Windows 10, before the format. In settings, when I try to set up the face recognition it says "We...
  7. Windows Hello Camera is not working

Windows Hello Camera is not working: After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 via bootable USB in my Dell Inspiron 7535 2-1, the face recognition is not working.The face recognition was working properly in Windows 10, before the format. In settings, when I try to set up the face recognition it says "We...
  8. How does the Windows Hello camera login works?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How does the Windows Hello camera login works?: So how does the Windows Hello Face Login works? When I setup the Windows Hello, I was thinking that when I sit down, the Camera should notice my face and log me in. Instead, I get a message that windows cannot turn on the camera. To login, I select my account and then press...
  9. Windows Hello camera not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello camera not working: Windows cant turn camera on to set up log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera-not-working/93cf7718-3674-48d8-a571-a9a72718a587
  10. Camera not working for windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera not working for windows hello: My camera stopped working a few days ago. I wasn't able to log-in using Windows Hello and the camera app wasn't working either. I looked for a solution online and based on an answer on this website added a file in the registry. This fixed the camera app but not Windows Hello....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accessing camera in Microsoft Teams

2. microsoft teams video call camera not working

3. how to keep teams camera on

4. no camera in teams,
  5. my laptop webcam doesnt work using Microsoft Teams,
  6. micro soft teams says camera not installed,
  7. video ownt work in microsoft teams,
  8. dell built in webcam not working ms teams