Windows 10: Camera can not be detected

Discus and support Camera can not be detected in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I keep getting this error in the camera app. I tried resetiing the app, installing new drivers and so on. I have two cameras on my device, one selfie... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by user131, Apr 30, 2023.

1. user131 Win User

Camera can not be detected

I keep getting this error in the camera app. I tried resetiing the app, installing new drivers and so on. I have two cameras on my device, one selfie camera and another fowar facing one. In device manager it only shows one under camera too.

:)

user131, Apr 30, 2023

2. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 30, 2023
  3. camera not detected

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing camera after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of outdated/ corrupted drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to
    run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check for the driver status in Device Manager.

Right click on the Start menu, click on Device Manager, and check if there are any exclamatory mark on any of the drivers. If so, right click on the drive, click on
    Properties and let us know the Device status.

If you find any error codes, I suggest you to refer to the below article to find for that error code and perform the respective troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2023
  4. Camera can not be detected

windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 30, 2023
Thema:

Camera can not be detected

1. Camera can not be detected - Similar Threads - Camera detected

2. camera window is not compatible with the detected camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera window is not compatible with the detected camera: I am running windows 11. I have a SX70 and am really struggling getting my camera to pair up to the computer so I can use canons utility to download pics and vids. I saw an earlier post with this same problem but it was for 2014 which isnt relevant now. Please help me....
  3. camera window is not compatible with the detected camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera window is not compatible with the detected camera: I am running windows 11. I have a SX70 and am really struggling getting my camera to pair up to the computer so I can use canons utility to download pics and vids. I saw an earlier post with this same problem but it was for 2014 which isnt relevant now. Please help me....
  4. Built in camera from my Toshiba satellite c55t- c5300 isn't detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in camera from my Toshiba satellite c55t- c5300 isn't detected: My laptop's camera is working just fine before and now I can't even use it. Whenever I tried to open it it says we can't find your camera error code is 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> Can someone please help me :<...
  5. Built in camera from my Toshiba satellite c55t- c5300 isn't detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in camera from my Toshiba satellite c55t- c5300 isn't detected: My laptop's camera is working just fine before and now I can't even use it. Whenever I tried to open it it says we can't find your camera error code is 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached> Can someone please help me :<...
  6. Built in camera from my Toshiba satellite c55t- c5300 isn't detected

7. EOS Utility not detecting Canon camera [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    EOS Utility not detecting Canon camera [Fix]: [IMG]EOS Utility is an application developed and released by Canon to connect Canon cameras with a computer. It enables communication between the devices and lets us see images, download them onto a PC, shoot remotely, and control camera settings from the PC. The program is...
  8. No camera detected on Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No camera detected on Laptop.: Recently my laptop's built-in camera has stopped working. In settings, all apps are set to use camera. Discord, Camera app, Zoom, Google Meet, etc. all detect no camera even though it is built right into the machine. I have tried going to Start > Device manager and finding my...
  9. No camera detected on Laptop.

No camera detected on Laptop.: Recently my laptop's built-in camera has stopped working. In settings, all apps are set to use camera. Discord, Camera app, Zoom, Google Meet, etc. all detect no camera even though it is built right into the machine. I have tried going to Start > Device manager and finding my...
  10. No camera detected on Laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging