Windows 10: Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop

Discus and support Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my webcam is being a total pain. I haven't had my laptop long 2 months and the camera used to work perfectly fine. Now it says it cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaraEllenx, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop

Hello, my webcam is being a total pain. I haven't had my laptop long 2 months and the camera used to work perfectly fine. Now it says it cannot be detected.
    I've re-installed the driver incase it was that, tried updating the system. Restarted it many times. It doesn't even show up on Device Manager even if showing hidden devices. I haven't changed any settings or done anything physically to my laptop that could cause a malfunction like this. I just want my webcam back!

Any advice would be great. I've followed a few of these forums to see if they could work but they haven't. Laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-ce3602sa using Windows 10.

Thanks!

:)

SaraEllenx, Jul 1, 2020

2. HP Pavilion Sleekbook: 1366x768 not detected under Windows 10

Hello,

My laptop is HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b060sf (serial number : 5CD2397LYV), I bought it in 2013.
    I recently updated my system to Windows 10 Pro, it was a fresh install (I formatted the disk and installed it using usb).

It's working fine, but it does not detect 1366x768 resolution, which should be the optimal for my screen, but only shows 1024x768 (and lower).

The resolution has no problem when I was in Windows 8 before the update, and it's working fine with Ubuntu. So I think it's driver problem.

What I have tried so far :
    • My graphic card in intel HD 4000, I installed everything on HP site for this graphic card, but cannot make it work
    • I tried using custom resolution in Intel Graphics Properties, but it says 1366x768 exceeds the max resolution.
    • I tried installing all Windows updates, still does not work.

How could I make it work ? Thank you very much in advance.

naomikirigaya, Jul 1, 2020
  3. HP Pavilion dv7-6c95dx HP TrueVision HD webcam no longer detected.

After updating my Hp Pavilion dv7-6c95dx from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10 64 bit home, my laptop no longer detects my webcam. In Device Manager, I'm getting the following errors: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), 0xA00F4244(0xC00DABED).
    I've searched thru the internet and have tried the listed fixes but have had no luck. Please help

RonaldBaudoin, Jul 1, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop

Quad-Core processor HP laptop appears to have just 2 cores

Dutch news today:

"HP will adjust incorrect indication of 'quad' at Pavilion 17
    Olaf van Miltenburg, Friday, December 11th, 2015 13:09, 11 comments • Feedback

HP will adapt the specification lists some 17 Pavilion laptops to ensure that the AMD processor no longer erroneously designated as quad. According to the manufacturer concerned a mistake. Purchasers of the laptop are legally entitled to a repair or replacement.

The mention of the presence of a quad is a mistake that has crept specification lists, says HP spokesman Herbert Wormgoor. "The HP Pavilion 17 is unintentionally put down with a quad-core processor in HP's data sheets. HP has taken action to correct the information. Customers can contact the retailer where they purchased the product for further information and support," the entire states statement from the company.

HP will adapt the information on as many places and stores in light of the steps to take. Details on these steps the company can not give, but the consumer is clear about this. Based on article 17 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code, a product must meet the expectations of the consumer.

The Authority Consumer & Market clarifies that a product is defective if it does not work as promised by the seller or manufacturer for example in advertising or does not meet the specifications. "In principle, you must first ask for repair or replacement, and only then can you reclaim your money," explains ICT lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet increasing.

It involves Pavilion 17 laptops sold in the Netherlands with model numbers p030nd and p031nd and in Belgium as p074nb. If the laptop also supplied abroad with incorrect processor designation is not known. Not only the specification lists mention the presence of an AMD A8-7050 quad-core, also in commercials and on the box was this designation. Based on a CPU-Z screenshot of a user of Hardware.info, and according to testing the site, it appeared earlier this week to deal with a dual-core performance to match. The AMD A8-7050 seems to be used by HP and it would be the first A8 APU with two instead of four cores. The specifications of the integrated Radeon R5 video chip are correct. There are no dual-core APUs of AMD known, the specifications similar to those of the corresponding chip in the HP-laptops.
    "

Translated with google translate.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106800/h...vilion-17-aanpassen.html?nb=2015-12-11&u=1300

P4-630, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop

1. Camera cannot be detected on HP Pavilion Laptop - Similar Threads - Camera cannot detected

2. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  3. my hp pavilion camera stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp pavilion camera stopped working.: i barley know anything about laptops which is probably my first problem but i got the dang thing specifically for zoom and now its pointless. i did all the trouble shooting stuff, i restarted the laptop, all my updates are up to date, and i downloaded all the drivers it said...
  4. HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable: My PC can not detect the HDMI cable whenever I Connect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-dv7-not-detecting-hdmi-cable/3cbefa8a-1eb0-431d-9b3b-75ccbe868b07
  5. HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable

HP Pavilion dv7 not detecting HDMI cable: My PC can not detect the HDMI cable whenever I Connect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-dv7-not-detecting-hdmi-cable/3cbefa8a-1eb0-431d-9b3b-75ccbe868b07
  6. hp pavilion d7 not detecting hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp pavilion d7 not detecting hdmi cable: My PC can not detect the HDMI cable whenever i Connect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-d7-not-detecting-hdmi-cable/3cbefa8a-1eb0-431d-9b3b-75ccbe868b07
  7. hp pavilion d7 not detecting hdmi cable

hp pavilion d7 not detecting hdmi cable: My PC can not detect the HDMI cable whenever i Connect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-d7-not-detecting-hdmi-cable/3cbefa8a-1eb0-431d-9b3b-75ccbe868b07
  8. HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working: Hi, I have HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop. It has Windows 10 installed. I am facing issue with my web cam. It was working fine until some days ago, but yesterday when I tried it. It wasn't working. It does not show any display, just blank screen. When I try to click a photo or...
  9. on board camera on hp pavilion dv7 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    on board camera on hp pavilion dv7 not working: no camera found in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-board-camera-on-hp-pavilion-dv7-not-working/d1815e2a-b3bd-49fc-9b57-7f5f4cc1779d
  10. hp Pavilion laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hp Pavilion laptop: Since the last update my laptop has frozen and I ,m unable to open as it does't seem to want my password. It has stuck in flight mode. Can you advise please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-laptop/bae1bd3f-2315-412d-9589-b7bf20eef4d1