Windows 10: Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update.

Discus and support Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to get it back please?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChelAxam, Mar 31, 2020.

1. ChelAxam Win User

Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update.

Does anyone know how to get it back please?

:)

ChelAxam, Mar 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update.

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Archived MSDN and TechNet Blogs

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update.

1. Camera cannot be found since windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - Camera cannot found

2. camera not found in window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera not found in window 10: camera not found in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-in-window-10/72005808-1264-477b-81c0-b365eae990b2
  3. camera not found in window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not found in window 10: camera not found in window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-in-window-10/72005808-1264-477b-81c0-b365eae990b2
  4. camera not found in window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. camera image flipped since updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camera image flipped since updating to windows 10: I have an older asus laptopk501D and upgraded to windows10 from 7. since then the camera image has been flipped not only in the camera app but also google meet. I scoured this site plus asus's driver site and still haven't found the correct driver to install. I went as far as...
  6. Windows 10 update: Camera not found 0xa00F4244

Windows 10 update: Camera not found 0xa00F4244: I had tried all the tricks update drivers, hidden devices, uninstall and install drivers, update drivers, privacy settings mentioned everywhere and it doesn't work. The problem lies in windows 10 update!!!!!! I had reset my windows to factory setting on Thursday and the...
  7. Since update, camera not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since update, camera not functioning: Since the new update, Google Duo is not functioning the same. Camera view of myself is not being viewed by the person I called. I can view them but they can't view me. I don't want to uninstall the last 2 updates. Should I.?...
  8. Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello cannot turn camera on since latest Win 10 update - help: Since updating to the latest version of Win10 the Hello app can no longer access the camera and will not work. The camera app works no problem I have run updates on the drivers, tried all the fixes on the forums but nothing seems to work - any suggestions?...
  9. Windows 10 Camera - <no cameras attached>; Camera not found

Windows 10 Camera - <no cameras attached>; Camera not found: Well...I have no idea what happened here but I have no camera, no access, no nothing! I have tried every link from Windows, Microsoft and HP and downloaded and shut down, restarted etc. I have tried everything I can and given access to everything I can. Still nothing. I...
  10. Camera cannot be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Camera cannot be found: I tried to make a conference call but my camera cannot be found. I think it happened after the update a while back but I rarely use it so I just noticed it. I have tried all of tips that come up to no avail. Any tips?...