Windows 10: camera codec for Canon 77D

Discus and support camera codec for Canon 77D in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have purchased a Canon 77D strangely the RAW .CR2 files will not show on windows photo viewer. My Other camera which is another Canon (1200D) also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by terrygregory100, Jan 28, 2019.

1. camera codec for Canon 77D

I have purchased a Canon 77D strangely the RAW .CR2 files will not show on windows photo viewer. My Other camera which is another Canon (1200D) also takes pictures in RAW .CR2 format and these all show up fine !!! is anybody else having this prob and is it just a simple camera codec update that is required ???

:)

terrygregory100, Jan 28, 2019

2. problems with Canon RAW Codec

Dear sir,

i have camera eso 77d when i take photos by this camera as Raw, CR2, i can not view or open all
    them in my window or i con not using ex: on Photoshop or lightroom . Although i try to
    update the Raw Codec Pack but windows not allow with that

again :in short

may camera is canon 77d

the problems with photos Raw, CR2( couldn't open or us on windows )

my system is windows 10 Enterprise

Best Regards.

khalilwalo, Jan 28, 2019
  3. LeaR1 Win User
    Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

I want to be able to identify RAW files by their thumbnails in Explorer (photo app, or whatever it's called in Windows 10). That has not worked in any version of Windows since I purchased the camera 3 years ago. I have a Canon 77D.

I have Bridge, Lightroom, and Photoshop. I know they will display them, but for my purposes the Windows folder explorer is easier to use.

Based on my research it seems that changing the camera model in the file data (EXIF ?) to something other than 77D fixes the issue. I'm not that tech savy.

That said, it does seem that Windows is just verifying the camera model is supported against some internal list it has in the bowels of it's programming.

Who do we have to pay to get the Canon 77D added to that list? I'm very frustrated. I just upgraded to Windows 10, and to see this is still an issue is quite disconcerting.

I do not want work arounds. I would like to know when Microsoft plans on addressing the issue.

LeaR1, Jan 28, 2019
  4. LeaR1 Win User

camera codec for Canon 77D

Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

Yes. I do know how to make sure I'm seeing thumbnails versus the list of file data, etc, and have confirmed that I had selected the correct view.

Please confirm if the Canon camera model 77D has been added to the list of compatible cameras (using CR2 file type) in Windows.

If it has not, please advise when we (I'm not alone in this) can expect it to be added. This camera is 3 years old.

Thank you.

LeaR1, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

camera codec for Canon 77D

1. camera codec for Canon 77D - Similar Threads - camera codec Canon

2. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  3. Canon 400D camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon 400D camera: Has anyone found a suitable driver for Win 11 to allow a canon 400D camera to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-400d-camera/8c3963e2-13ed-4e67-835d-3a40ac7947c9
  4. Codec for view Canon 5D mark IV CR2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Codec for view Canon 5D mark IV CR2: I need to see my Canon 5D Mark IV CR2 Raw files in my folders as thumbnail ! Plz HELP ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/codec-for-view-canon-5d-mark-iv-cr2/e74a8cb5-125b-4dc9-b126-2baeb2bfe924
  5. Microsoft camera codec pack

Microsoft camera codec pack: Why not install my Microsoft camera codec on Windows 10? It gives me a message This program is not intended for this version of windows Thank you for helping me...
  6. Computer won’t recognise Canon camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won’t recognise Canon camera: I upgraded Windows and my computer stopped recognising my Canon camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-recognise-canon-camera/a6cab3c6-c3ac-4b35-a408-0bd038dd7953
  7. Canon CR3 Codec for Windows 10

Canon CR3 Codec for Windows 10: Are there already codecs out there for thumbnails in Windows 10 for Canon CR3 files? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-cr3-codec-for-windows-10/5ae34693-c85a-4d49-af3c-bb529b9d5187"
  8. Camera Raw Codec download - Windows 10

Camera Raw Codec download - Windows 10: Why is it so hard to let camera raw codec and photo viewer run on this POS windows 10, Nobody wants your new viewer, no its not better. This has been an ongoing issue and Microsoft refuses to comment as to why their previous versions did what we wanted and that we want back...
  9. Camera Raw Codec

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Raw Codec: Why is it so hard to let camera raw codec and photo viewer run on this POS windows 10, Nobody wants your new viewer, no its not better. This has been an ongoing issue and Microsoft refuses to comment as to why their previous versions did what we wanted and that we want back...
  10. Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10

Canon 77D Raw thumbnails do not display in Windows 10: I want to be able to identify RAW files by their thumbnails in Explorer (photo app, or whatever it's called in Windows 10). That has not worked in any version of Windows since I purchased the camera 3 years ago. I have a Canon 77D. I have Bridge, Lightroom, and Photoshop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. codec canon 77d

2. canon 77d cr2 codec download

3. canon 77d cr2 format

4. canon camera codec,
  5. canon 77d raw codec,
  6. codec readable rawfor canon 77d