Windows 10: Camera Connections Issues

Discus and support Camera Connections Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi First post I'm having a problem connecting a Canon 5DMK4 to a specific laptop I'm trying to determine if the issue is with the camera the laptop or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jm45acp, Jul 22, 2021.

1. jm45acp Win User

Camera Connections Issues

Hi First post I'm having a problem connecting a Canon 5DMK4 to a specific laptop I'm trying to determine if the issue is with the camera the laptop or the program. Ive contacted Canon and FoCal and they really don't know what is going on. I have run a bunch of tests with both companies and have pretty much determined the camera is most likely not the issue. This is the set up I have two laptops for this experiment both are HP and are running Windows 10 both are up to date one is two years old LT1 and one is a year old LT2. both are running the same programs EOS utility and FoCal both are the latest versions. Cameras used 5DMK4 and 7DMKII Two cables both were used in each connection test on both cameras. Plugged into all available USB ports. Here's the issue, when I connect the 5DMK4 to the laptop LT1 it connects with no issues to both programs but when I connect it to LT2 it will recognize the camera but not communicate with the program it just locks up on EOS utility and on FoCal it sees the camera but cant communicate with it. laptop (LT2) sees the 5D (as memory) but the Applications do not connect to the 5D (as a controllable device) Now when I connect the 7DMK2 both laptops they recognize, communicate and connect to the programs no issues. Which rules out the cables and I would have thought a bad USB on LT2 but the 7DMK2 connects with both cables and runs both programs. I would also have leaned toward a bad connection port on the 5D but it works on laptop LT. WiFi is off on the 5D. I removed and reinstalled the programs on LT2 there was no change. I took the batteries and cards out of the camera and let it sit all day while I was at work. I have also run all the above the tests on my desk top with the results being the 5D and 7D working on LT1 and the desk top while only the 7D works on LT2. Both programs have been deleted and reinstalled with no changes in the outcome. camera and computers are all up to date. Thanks in advance for any help John

:)

jm45acp, Jul 22, 2021

2. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Issues with copying the content from Camera to Windows 10

Hi Keld,

As you are facing issues with copying the photos from the Camera on to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the same issue persists when you try to connect the camera on different computer?

(This will let us know if the issue is with camera or the computer)

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the camera on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Camera Connections Issues

+Connecting Camera

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for posting in the Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before to begin with troubleshooting,I would like
    you to answer the following questions:

• Provide me the make/model of pc and camera?

• Did you get any error message?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Step 1:Update the driver

After the install to Windows 10, the drivers for the camera may have not been Installed. I would suggest that you install the drivers for the camera and check.

a. Move the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
    “Start”
    icon.

b. Select ‘Device manager’.

c. Expand ‘Camera”, right-click on the adapter and select update ‘update driver software’

step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel
    > troubleshooting> Hardware and Sound >
    Hardware and Devices

follow the instructions.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Camera Connections Issues

1. Camera Connections Issues - Similar Threads - Camera Connections Issues

2. camera connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera connected: camera connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-connected/3c45569e-73fc-4f48-b679-9a0fa6191e7b
  3. camera connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera connected: camera connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-connected/3c45569e-73fc-4f48-b679-9a0fa6191e7b
  4. Camera Issue

Camera Issue: I have Dell Inspiron 3501 with Window 11, the camera app not working, when I try to troubleshoot, it tells that no camera found, no option in device manager for camera app, I tried every possible solution, but still same issue...
  5. Camera not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not connected: "We can't find your camera" I have a built in camera that isn't recognized by my computer. It is turned on in settings, software up to date, not being blocked by any antivirus softwares etc. It does not appear under Device Manager....
  6. Camera not connected

Camera not connected: "We can't find your camera" I have a built in camera that isn't recognized by my computer. It is turned on in settings, software up to date, not being blocked by any antivirus softwares etc. It does not appear under Device Manager....
  7. connecting camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting camera: My AOC 21" monitor doesn't seem to have a camera port in the center of the top part of the screen. Does this mean I don't have a camera? what ever I do in settings doesn't locate a camera for me....
  8. camera issue

camera issue: I cant find my camera in device manager please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-issue/b02100da-a98e-49be-b83a-7050d2491cd5
  9. camera App not connecting to the camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera App not connecting to the camera: On my laptop Asus Zenbook 15 - UX534FT, during boot, the Hello program has no problem accessing the camera and it does recognize me with no problem. But none of the standard application that require the camera such as Camera, Zoom or Skype seem to be able to access the...
  10. Camera issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera issues: Hi, I am having issues with my camera device. The image that comes up has multiple lines running up and down the screen. I have tried working along with the Help Agent but nothing they have suggested has worked. Thanks, Anita...