Windows 10: camera did not work

Discus and support camera did not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Camera did not work C[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-did-not-work/29e862d4-5af7-4c39-96f1-ff4323d97cdc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MICHELLEQUIJADO, Jun 21, 2020.

1. camera did not work

Camera did not work

C camera did not work e2202f74-a714-4150-96dd-0fda03fb188f?upload=true.png

:)

MICHELLEQUIJADO, Jun 21, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

camera did not work

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

camera did not work

1. camera did not work - Similar Threads - camera did

2. Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?: My camera disappeared from my computer. I used it 2 weeks ago and now it's gone. Computer experts don't know why . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-camera-disappear-form-windows-11/ea9759ce-ca91-4906-aeb6-d65dde97b4f4
  3. Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?: My camera disappeared from my computer. I used it 2 weeks ago and now it's gone. Computer experts don't know why . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-camera-disappear-form-windows-11/ea9759ce-ca91-4906-aeb6-d65dde97b4f4
  4. Did anyone else's Microsoft USB camera stop working on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did anyone else's Microsoft USB camera stop working on Windows 11?: My Microsoft USB camera/mike just stopped working on Windows 11, Zoom etc. It's a Lifecam L2 HD-3000 purchased a couple of years ago. It's completely disappeared from system devices etc. just no sign of it anywhere, no bleep when I plug in and out of different USB ports, just...
  5. Did anyone else's Microsoft USB camera stop working on Windows 11?

Did anyone else's Microsoft USB camera stop working on Windows 11?: My Microsoft USB camera/mike just stopped working on Windows 11, Zoom etc. It's a Lifecam L2 HD-3000 purchased a couple of years ago. It's completely disappeared from system devices etc. just no sign of it anywhere, no bleep when I plug in and out of different USB ports, just...
  6. How to fixed a camera did not open

How to fixed a camera did not open: My camera cannot find in my laptop, there is an error code: 0xA00F42440xC00DABE0.. can you please help me to resolve it.. It started since my laptop upgraded in windows 10...
  7. Get error message 0xA00F4244 Unable to find Camera connected. Did all the steps listed by...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Get error message 0xA00F4244 Unable to find Camera connected. Did all the steps listed by...: Never used my Acer PC's camera or the one built into my ViewSonic VX2450. But I'm pretty sure that there is a camera built into both. Problem is the settings on my Computer. Tried everything suggested by MS using Device Manager and also resetting Imaging Devices but nothing...
  8. windows store app, camera, photo and video viewer did not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows store app, camera, photo and video viewer did not work: hello, I have Lenovo Yoga 530 with windows 10 but windows store app, camera, photo and video viewer did not work? I have tried the troubleshoot way but it still did not work. Does any one know how to fix it?thanks...
  9. Where did all my photos from my camera over the years dissappear to?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where did all my photos from my camera over the years dissappear to?: I have lost he ability to access my history of photos imported from my camera for the past 10 years. Where did they go? P L E A S E HELP ME...
  10. imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go?

in Windows 10 Support
    imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go?: I downloaded pictures form my digital camera, or at least I was trying to do. Somehow I got form installing my camera driver, recognizing my camera to importing the pictures form my windows 7 migration to Windows 10 and all of my camera pictures. They went to "albums" I lost...