Windows 10: Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4

Discus and support Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A while back, I noticed my camera stopped working for my Surface Pro 4. I wasn't really concerned about it, so I didn't look into it at the time, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GlasyaMalbolge, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4

A while back, I noticed my camera stopped working for my Surface Pro 4. I wasn't really concerned about it, so I didn't look into it at the time, but now I'm looking to use it and I can't get it to work. Below is the error I get when opening camera:

Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4 7e5de606-bfdb-463a-ba43-ab3ba1e6a9c4?upload=true.png

I've followed various troubleshooting steps including going to Settings > Updates and updating everything, going to the App store and searching for updates there, and restarting my machine. One of the steps that was mentioned was to update camera drivers, but I seem to be missing my camera overall. I've attached a screenshot of what I see when I look at my devices.

Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4 5acf28c6-0fbf-43f6-b5c7-1823e6b4c01c?upload=true.png

All of the information I find about downloading the driver requires you to select your existing driver. Since I don't have one, I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

GlasyaMalbolge, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro 4 Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023489

See also: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (11 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4 camera not working after latest Microsft update

I performed latest Microsoft updates and now my Surface Pro 4 camera "cannot be found" and is not listed under device manager

SalenaGrewal, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4

1. Camera Disappeared from Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - Camera Disappeared Surface

2. migration from. surface 3 to surface 4 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    migration from. surface 3 to surface 4 pro: how do I transfer my programs and files from my surface 3 to my new surface. 4 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-from-surface-3-to-surface-4-pro/2d3ea298-8a56-4a08-9c88-aa942b64dbb8
  3. Microsoft surface pro 4 Mouse cursor disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft surface pro 4 Mouse cursor disappear: Microsoft surface pro 4 Mouse cursor disappear when it happen need to log off and login then cursor is visible windows update did successfully even Microsoft surface Arc mouse driver reinstalled Bluetooth driver update but still issue reoccur how i will...
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  6. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...
  7. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304
  10. Disappearing Files on Surface Pro 4?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearing Files on Surface Pro 4?: I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out what's going on with a Surface Pro 4 machine running Windows 10. A user brings it to me and says he wants Webroot removed and Avast installed, which I did. He also said he was having issues with his email sending out which I couldn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 camera not in device manager

2. surface pro camera disappeared

3. Microsoft Camera Front – System device (30.15063.10999.4731)

4. microsoft surface camera requires further installation avstream,
  5. front camera disappeared surface,
  6. surface 4 missing avstream camera in device manager,
  7. camera missing in surface pro,
  8. camera surface