Windows 10: Camera disappeared!

Discus and support Camera disappeared! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I tried to use my WebCam I get error message cannot connect to Camera. I have tried to fix the drivers I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jennifer.Otis2, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Camera disappeared!

when I tried to use my WebCam I get error message cannot connect to Camera. I have tried to fix the drivers I’ve tried to uninstall and reinstall the camera and it keeps saying the same thing over and over so I called Microsoft they walk me through it told me to uninstall my driver and then he went to my manufacturers website to reinstall the camera and there isn’t one so now what do I do.?

:)

Jennifer.Otis2, Nov 6, 2018

2. my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 6, 2018
  3. my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with accessing camera.
    I will certainly help you.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or out dated camera driver.

To understand the issue better please let us know:

• Are you referring to camera app or opening web camera?

• Have you made any software or hardware changes to the PC prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter:

I suggest you to runthe Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• ClickonHardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the steps in the Microsoft article and
    check if it helps:

Windows can't find or start the camera

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-10/can-not-find-start-camera-webcam

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Camera disappeared!

my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Thanks. Installing the driver in Compatibility mode really helped. I can now use the camera with no problem (HP ProBook 4510s, with no driver for Windows 10 available).

Miguel FDZ, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Camera disappeared!

1. Camera disappeared! - Similar Threads - Camera disappeared

2. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  3. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  4. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?: My camera disappeared from my computer. I used it 2 weeks ago and now it's gone. Computer experts don't know why . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-camera-disappear-form-windows-11/ea9759ce-ca91-4906-aeb6-d65dde97b4f4
  6. Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?

Why did my camera disappear form windows 11 ?: My camera disappeared from my computer. I used it 2 weeks ago and now it's gone. Computer experts don't know why . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-my-camera-disappear-form-windows-11/ea9759ce-ca91-4906-aeb6-d65dde97b4f4
  7. Samsung Camera Studio Mode disappeared after camera reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Camera Studio Mode disappeared after camera reinstallation: Initially, Camera became suddenly 'hidden' on my Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha laptop a couple of weeks ago. After reinstallation, remotely done by Samsung IT, seemingly, camera/video was back.However, now my laptop is experiencing new and strange symptoms;1. Only when camera is...
  8. Samsung Camera Studio Mode disappeared after camera reinstallation

Samsung Camera Studio Mode disappeared after camera reinstallation: Initially, Camera became suddenly 'hidden' on my Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha laptop a couple of weeks ago. After reinstallation, remotely done by Samsung IT, seemingly, camera/video was back.However, now my laptop is experiencing new and strange symptoms;1. Only when camera is...
  9. Sinsce uploading Windows 11 my camera has disappeared off the face of the earth?Samsung Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sinsce uploading Windows 11 my camera has disappeared off the face of the earth?Samsung Laptop: I have not been able to fiind anything different than what has been offered in Windows trouble shooters and because updating to Windows 11 lost many of my files I fear going back will do the same thing.....
  10. Sinsce uploading Windows 11 my camera has disappeared off the face of the earth?Samsung Laptop

Sinsce uploading Windows 11 my camera has disappeared off the face of the earth?Samsung Laptop: I have not been able to fiind anything different than what has been offered in Windows trouble shooters and because updating to Windows 11 lost many of my files I fear going back will do the same thing.....