Windows 10: Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

Discus and support Camera does not come on for Windows Hello? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by walterwhitecrp, May 26, 2023.

1. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider.

:)

walterwhitecrp, May 26, 2023
  2. Fazio437 Win User

We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner/camera Windows Hello

Hello,
    I'm experiencing some issues while trying to enable the Windows Hello login via camera and fingerprint.
    Basically I have this Windows 10 21H2 joined to a domain, and using administrative creds I've enabled the registry keys to enable Windows Hello and PIN login.

Camera does not come on for Windows Hello? 366041d1651836133t-we-couldnt-find-fingerprint-scanner-camera-windows-hello-hello.png

Unfortunately I'm not able to use the Hello camera or fingerprint despite the device is Windows Hello compatible (HP Elitebook G8).
    I've tried all the suggestion reported on the tutorials but still no luck, I have the error:

We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint

On both camera and fingerprint. Both devices are recognized properly via devmgmt.
    Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Fazio437, May 26, 2023
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 26, 2023
  4. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

windows hello cannot detect camera

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest checking for driver updates for your camera and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager on Start/Cortana.
    • Click on Imaging devices.
    • Right click Integrated Camera or the name of your camera.
    • Select Update Software or Properties >
      Driver
      Update Driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

1. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello? - Similar Threads - Camera does Hello

2. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  3. hello does not recognise camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello does not recognise camera.: hello says camera not compatible on my dell xps 15 7590. dell says camera ok is w11 issue. checked driver etc. also have dell xps 17 which i be;leive has same camera and thats ok...
  4. Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera does not come on for Windows Hello?: Help! The Windows hello camera doesn't come on when I try to set it up. I have the latest build of Windows 11.*Moved from Windows insider. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-come-on-for-windows-hello/6eb12017-f8c8-4eaf-9fdf-08b8b680995c
  5. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  6. Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.

Windows Hello Face Camera does not turn on.: Ok, the drivers are updated. Hello Face used to work. Removed it. Camera doesn't come on to do a scan.Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-camera-does-not-turn-on/30a8e7bb-4a4d-4103-a881-b749bd1f4177
  7. How does the Windows Hello camera login works?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How does the Windows Hello camera login works?: So how does the Windows Hello Face Login works? When I setup the Windows Hello, I was thinking that when I sit down, the Camera should notice my face and log me in. Instead, I get a message that windows cannot turn on the camera. To login, I select my account and then press...
  8. Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work

Camera can not be activated - Windows Hello does not work: On my Surface Pro 5 I used to login using the windows Hello face recognition. Since a couple of weeks after a windows 10 update was installed this however does not work anymore. I get a message stating that the camera cannot be activated and that i have to login using the...
  9. [Bootcamp] Windows Hello does not recognise Facetime camera.

[Bootcamp] Windows Hello does not recognise Facetime camera.: As the title of this post says. I am running Windows 10 on MacBook Air 2015. Trying to configure Windows Hello facial recognition and it gives following error: "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". The set-up option is greyed out as well....
  10. Camera will not come on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera will not come on: My camera on my windows 10 computer is showing that it is on but nothing is coming up like it is just a gray with a picture of a camera with a line throw it. I just got my screen fixed and I do not know if they did something that I can not fix or if I need to have them relook...