Windows 10: Camera does not open

Discus and support Camera does not open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I "attach the device to the computer"? I have an error code 45 on my camera/web cam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrendaSni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. BrendaSni Win User

Camera does not open

How do I "attach the device to the computer"? I have an error code 45 on my camera/web cam

:)

BrendaSni, Apr 4, 2020

2. Camera is not opening

Hi Hardik,

One of the possible reasons why the camera is not opening after the update is the antivirus software that's blocking it or it could be that the driver is outdated.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps listed on this
    link. The link contains troubleshooting steps such as checking the antivirus and the outdated webcam driver.

Kindly update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    camera not opening

Hello,

We understand that after a Windows 10 update, your camera stopped working properly. This issue may have occurred due to corrupted drivers. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting an error message whenever you try to open photos or start the camera?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and perform the troubleshooting steps given to see if there will be any changes on your Windows 10 camera.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Camera does not open

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Camera does not open

1. Camera does not open - Similar Threads - Camera does open

2. CAMERA NOT OPEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAMERA NOT OPEN: CAMERA NOT WORKING SO PLEASE SOLVE THE PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-open/cd7f308a-6052-4d6d-8433-d7164c497510
  3. CAMERA NOT OPEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAMERA NOT OPEN: CAMERA NOT WORKING SO PLEASE SOLVE THE PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-open/cd7f308a-6052-4d6d-8433-d7164c497510
  4. currently my camera does not open in zoom

currently my camera does not open in zoom: currently my camera does not open in zoom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/currently-my-camera-does-not-open-in-zoom/cd20aa1f-f766-46ac-b413-ae5ed8c9d875
  5. Camera does not work

Camera does not work: Hi dear friends: I have a laptop Dell Inspiron 13, 5000 series Intel Core i3-7100U 2.4GHz 64 bits Touch screen Windows 10 Home Single Language When I open the camera the light goes on but there is no picture, the app picture area remains black. I tried this with every...
  6. Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?

Why does the Windows Camera app close as soon as it opens?: Camera App closes as soon as it opens on my Sony Vaio laptop. Camera works fine on Skype and Zoom. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the camera app, and it still does it....
  7. Camera App does not open on Child Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Camera App does not open on Child Account: In response to "Camera App does not open on Child Account" originally posted here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-open-on-child-account/4eb57152-5ef4-46d0-bdd8-3d0ee7c66b72 I had the same issue. Turns out, i had to change the age...
  8. Camera does not work

Camera does not work: When I open my Camera on my PC it shows the camera sign crossed on the grey screen and does not respond to anything. PC is new. Apps are allowed to use Camera. I can change option and settings in the Camera app but the camera itself still doesn't work. How can I fix that?...
  9. Camera does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not work: I have a Samsung NP300E5C-S06 laptop and a built in WebCam SC-13HDL11939N. My camera does not work, the screen is dark, although the camera is in use. The camera has access to Skype as well, but I am not visible in a video call. I have windows 10 operation system. How can I...
  10. Camera does not work

Camera does not work: I received error 0xA00F4244 I am unable to find my camera device in my device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-work/5b6c21fe-9347-4766-8f1c-02cca9b261e4