Windows 10: Camera does not save video or photos

Discus and support Camera does not save video or photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recieved an error code, 0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80070005 when I tried to take a photo and got a slightly different code,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StevenTefertiller, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Camera does not save video or photos

I recieved an error code, 0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80070005 when I tried to take a photo and got a slightly different code, 0xA00F425F<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80070005

How do I get the camera working properly? I can see myself but it will not save anything.

:)

StevenTefertiller, Jul 24, 2020

2. cannot upload camera or camcorder pics & videos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re unable to import photos and videos after upgrading to Windows 10.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    You may refer to the article “Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD” for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Save A Copy; Single Photo from a Video Stream. Where does Windows 10 store the saved photo?

Greg,

You are correct. Thank you for your immediate reply and referencing the URL that describes features and functions of Photos. Once I read the description and followed the steps, the saved photo dropped right into the same folder where the video resides. Just
    as you described.

Thank You,

RobertO365, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Camera does not save video or photos

When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Camera does not save video or photos

1. Camera does not save video or photos - Similar Threads - Camera does save

2. Saving photo from a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving photo from a video: Hello!I'm having issues when I try to save a photo from a video.I get this error message:"Something Went Wrong, Please Try That Again"I already tried all the suggested solutions in this thread, but still, nothing...
  3. Saving photo from a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving photo from a video: Hello!I'm having issues when I try to save a photo from a video.I get this error message:"Something Went Wrong, Please Try That Again"I already tried all the suggested solutions in this thread, but still, nothing...
  4. Camera can't save photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera can't save photos: Hi, I'm new to this forum but i have a serious problem. My camera looks fine and still can be activated but cant take photos and capture videos. It came up a error code looks like this : 0XA00F424F<photocapturefilecreationfailed>0x800703E6. Please help me to solve this...
  5. Camera can't save photos

Camera can't save photos: Hi, I'm new to this forum but i have a serious problem. My camera looks fine and still can be activated but cant take photos and capture videos. It came up a error code looks like this : 0XA00F424F<photocapturefilecreationfailed>0x800703E6. Please help me to solve this...
  6. Camera can't save photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Camera unable to save the photo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera unable to save the photo: Hi everyone, last time I accidentally delete the file named "Photo Capture" because I think that this file is uselessBut when I open the camera, it cannot capture and record the videoWhat should I do now?My device is Huawei Matebook D15...
  8. Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll: I've filmed and taken multiple photos and videos on the camera of my surface 7, but I can only see three files in my camera roll. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-and-photos-not-in-camera-roll/4a3bac44-4ae8-433a-a4d3-c104523e72ea
  9. My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop camera cant save my photos and videos: This is the error message: Something went wrong Sorry, we weren't able to save the photo. If you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F424F<PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed> 0x80270200 What can I do to fix this issue?...
  10. Saving videos in Microsoft Photos video editor

Saving videos in Microsoft Photos video editor: THE QUESTION: How do you save a video (once you have created it- for the first time!) in Microsoft photos? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Because all it says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone camera video not saving