Windows 10: Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams

Discus and support Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there,I have been having this weird issue of camera not working in browser based apps, Google meet video conferencing and Honor Lock proctoring app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sunnyxx, May 5, 2021.

1. Sunnyxx Win User

Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams

Hi there,I have been having this weird issue of camera not working in browser based apps, Google meet video conferencing and Honor Lock proctoring app for exams. When I open the camera app the image is on for one second and then black out for a few seconds.I'm using Chrome browser, and the apps are all permitted in the browser. The allow access to camera is also turned on in windows privacy settings. No pending updates, all drivers are most recent. Tried reset the camera app and uninstall the integrated camera, but doesn't help much.The camera works perfectly in Zoom, Teams

:)

Sunnyxx, May 5, 2021
  2. boardtc Win User

Can the camera work in both Teams Windows App & WebApp?

I have teams working as my Windows 10 App, works with the built-in webcam. So, if you go into Settings, Devices is listed and you can preview the camera.

I run a second instance of teams in the Chrome browser for a different id. If I go into Teams Settings via the browser there is no devices listed and when I start a chat I get a message saying no camera detected.

Why is their no devices showing for the browser app for me? I have quit the Teams App and shut it down from the tray and refeshed the webapp but it stil has not shown up.

Can both work together?

boardtc, May 5, 2021
  3. Ertrugrul Win User
    My Webcam is not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi Antonio,

I have gone into settings as you said.

Microsoft Teams is listed under 'Some desktop apps might not appear in the following list or are not affected by this setting' which comes under the 'Allow desktop apps to access your camera'.

The Webcam works with the following apps: -

Windows Camera app

Skype (from Microsoft)

Zoom

I have checked that my Kaspersky software and it is allowing access by Teams to the Webcam. I uninstalled the Webcam driver and then reinstalled it.

As the Webcam works with all other apps then I believe it must be the interaction with Teams and my Webcam.

Please advise next steps please.

Ertrugrul, May 5, 2021
  4. par_0511 Win User

Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams

Camera App not working

Good day Pranjanay_India! I am Independent Advisor Paul R. and also a Microsoft/Windows user like you and I am glad to be able to provide assistance to you today. I understand that you are having an issue with regards to the camera not working for MS Teams.

If you are using an external webcam, try to unplug and plug back in your webcam and check if that will work and if not kindly check and try the steps below and see how it goes.

Method 1:

- Check and try the web version via the link below and check if it will work from there

Checking your credentials...

- Login when prompted

- Click on the Use the web app

- Click the Video call button from the top right corner

- Click the allow button in the notification to permit the browser to access the camera

Method 2:

- Open MS Teams app

- Click on the Profile menu

- Click on Settings

- Click on Permissions

- Ensure to toggle/turn on the Media toggle switch

- Check if camera will now work in MS Teams

Method 3:

- Open MS Teams app

- Click on the Profile menu

- Click on Check for updates

- Close and open MS Teams after the update and check if camera will now work in MS Teams

Method 4:

- Click on Start > Settings > Apps > Apps&Features

- Click on the MS Teams app and click the Uninstall button

- Click the Uninstall button again to proceed and once done reinstall it again by doing the steps below

- Go the link below to download the app for desktop

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/m...

- After the download process, run the installer file then proceed with the installation until the process has been completed

- Open the app and login and check if camera will now work in MS Teams

Regards,

Paul R.

par_0511, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams - Similar Threads - Camera does Browser

2. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?: i CANNOT GET MY CAMERA ONwIDWS 10 PC DESKTOP TO WORK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-work/9223ba66-b269-4f53-a7ff-0e3aa6fe617b
  3. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?: i CANNOT GET MY CAMERA ONwIDWS 10 PC DESKTOP TO WORK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-work/9223ba66-b269-4f53-a7ff-0e3aa6fe617b
  4. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers: I gave permissions to use camera for some websites by going into the Chrome setting. But still, I can't use the camera. So, I went into my pc setting. But here, as you can see, I went into the setting to enable webcam for Chrome. But I can't find it. Also, I can't find other...
  6. Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers

Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers: I gave permissions to use camera for some websites by going into the Chrome setting. But still, I can't use the camera. So, I went into my pc setting. But here, as you can see, I went into the setting to enable webcam for Chrome. But I can't find it. Also, I can't find other...
  7. Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App

Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App: Suddenly the camera Logitech C930E no longer works with the Camera App or with Bluejeans. It works with Zoom. I have tried every "solution" offered by every web site addressing the question. None work. I have rebooted and tried the Camera App before using any other app. No...
  8. Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App: Suddenly the camera Logitech C930E no longer works with the Camera App or with Bluejeans. It works with Zoom. I have tried every "solution" offered by every web site addressing the question. None work. I have rebooted and tried the Camera App before using any other app. No...
  9. Camera Works with Zoom Not With Camera App or Bluejeans App

10. My camera in zoom app works does not work properly outside

My camera in zoom app works does not work properly outside: My camera in zoom app works while I am inside the house. Once I bring it outside Patio, It is all white and only shows blurred shadow. Is there a setting to adjust this?...