Windows 10: Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps

Discus and support Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. Camera works in every app - the "Camera" app, Teams, Zoom - without problem. But it doesn't work only in Skype. It happened after update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomasV3, Nov 3, 2020.

1. TomasV3 Win User

Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps

Hi.

Camera works in every app - the "Camera" app, Teams, Zoom - without problem.

But it doesn't work only in Skype.

It happened after update to Skype 8.66.

I tried - reset pc, reinstall Skype 8.66, uninstall, install older version 8.60, 8.56, 8.39.

- install last Skype 8.65 form Microsoft store.

- reinstal webcam driver , use older Microsoft driver and original HP driver ...

In every version i can see only black space background, no picture, no errors... and other apps works

HW HP 8460p.

HP HD Webcam Fixed, Sonix, driver: 6.0.1114.19

Tomas

:)

TomasV3, Nov 3, 2020

2. camera on laptop not working with skype windows 10

Hi Nicky,

Since your camera has worked before, there may be changes on your computer that caused it to stop working. For us to isolate this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you performed any updates or made any changes on your computer before the camera stopped working?
    • Is the camera working with other apps?
    • Have you set Skype as one of the apps that can use the camera?

While waiting for your reply, let's verify if Skype is one of the apps that is allowed to use the camera. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Camera.
    • Make sure Let apps use the camera is turned on.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, make sure that Skype
      is set to ON.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 3, 2020
  3. tommyruud Win User
    Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps

Camera App not working & low FPS rate in Skype/Hangouts

Hello all!

I have some strange problem with my webcam.
    When I open the Camera app I get "Something went wrong" 0xa00f4273 error.
    ... and the application crashes after that

In Skype/Hangouts the camera is working BUT the frame rates per seconds are very low - around 5. So the picture is really laggy.

My driver is: USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam. Device manager says the driver is up-to-date. In ASUS's website there aren't any webcam drivers.

Do you have any suggestions? Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps :)

Best regards,
    Marin

mdzhigarov, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps

1. Camera does not work in Skype, even though it works in other apps - Similar Threads - Camera does Skype

2. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?: i CANNOT GET MY CAMERA ONwIDWS 10 PC DESKTOP TO WORK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-work/9223ba66-b269-4f53-a7ff-0e3aa6fe617b
  3. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?: i CANNOT GET MY CAMERA ONwIDWS 10 PC DESKTOP TO WORK? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-does-not-work/9223ba66-b269-4f53-a7ff-0e3aa6fe617b
  4. CAMERA APP DOES NOT WORK?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera works in some apps but not others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera works in some apps but not others: Dell XPS 13 2021, Windows 11 Home up to date h/w and s/wWhen it boots, Windows says “cannot start your camera” and I can't use face signin..Camera works fine in Signal, WhatsApp and Zoom.But I get a black image in Camera and Skype , although the white LED is lit.I ran the...
  6. Camera works in some apps but not others

Camera works in some apps but not others: Dell XPS 13 2021, Windows 11 Home up to date h/w and s/wWhen it boots, Windows says “cannot start your camera” and I can't use face signin..Camera works fine in Signal, WhatsApp and Zoom.But I get a black image in Camera and Skype , although the white LED is lit.I ran the...
  7. Camera app does not work

Camera app does not work: after the last windows update the camera stopped working, the error is that there is another app running however according to task manager only the support app was running. The auto repair app reset the camera, but this did not work. suggestions??...
  8. Camera not working with Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  9. Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera app doesn't capture sound even though Skype does: When I record video with the Camera app, no sound is recorded. However, Skype does capture sound even though both apps are configured in Windows Settings to use the same default microphone (the one in my Logitech Webcam Pro 9000). I have tried playing back the video recorded...
  10. Camera app does not work

Camera app does not work: After Windows 10 update (KB4343909), Camera app does not work any more with cameras like ManyCam or AVStream. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/camera-app-does-not-work/933e26f9-e497-4c50-909f-f7bd789aac76