Windows 10: Camera doesn't work

Discus and support Camera doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My camera recently stopped working. One day, the camera started spasming for 1-2 seconds and then turned itself off. I turned the camera back on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WangEW, Jul 11, 2020.

1. WangEW Win User

Camera doesn't work

Hi,

My camera recently stopped working. One day, the camera started spasming for 1-2 seconds and then turned itself off. I turned the camera back on, and it proceeded to stay on, displaying what was in front of it. However, after another few seconds, the camera started spasming again and turned itself off again.

Then today, the camera stopped working outright. Although you can turn it on, the camera indicates nothing and there is nothing shown other than a black screen.

Camera doesn't work f27e71a7-29d8-42d4-b08a-4038c73f02a1?upload=true.png

Camera doesn't work 22cb395d-9024-4d66-bac8-a9142c5d805b?upload=true.png

I am now getting the error "0xA00F4292 <PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>"

I am currently on a Lenovo Ideapad C340. Something to note is that in the device manager, my camera device is indicated to be "PC camera". However, previously, I think it was "Integrated Camera". Possibly this has a link to this issue?

I have tried the solutions given in these websites but it has not produced any results: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...is-black/25eb593a-faeb-43e2-954b-158a686cc3a6 and https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-error-0xa00f4292/

:)

WangEW, Jul 11, 2020

2. I purchased a Lenovo Yoga3 and camera doesn't work

Hi Jane,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the exact error/message you get?
    • Which app are you using to access the camera?
    I suggest try you below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Camera driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Camera driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update driver Software.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you

Ashwin V S, Jul 11, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Camera doesn't work

Windows 10 camera doesn't activate

Hi StefSchalks,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the Windows 10 Camera app doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have a built-in webcam or an external webcam?
    3. Is the issue specific to this app?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

Meanwhile, I would like to let you know that if your camera is not working in Windows 10, it may be that the drivers are missing after a recent update, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or your privacy settings may be set to disallow camera
    access.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article and check if that works for you.

Camera does not work in Windows 10’.

Further, you may also try the suggestions provided by ‘Kapil Arya [Directly]
    from this thread to check if that helps.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Camera doesn't work

1. Camera doesn't work - Similar Threads - Camera doesn't

2. how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working: hlo my name is parwinder i want to ask that how i can install camera in my laptop also window 10 i have a camera in my laptop what it is working its not showing my picture .its totally blank also no app for camera to open...
  3. how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working: hlo my name is parwinder i want to ask that how i can install camera in my laptop also window 10 i have a camera in my laptop what it is working its not showing my picture .its totally blank also no app for camera to open...
  4. how i can install window 10 and camera in my laptop because its doesn't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app

external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app: I cannot use my external camera on Chrome, yesterday I contacted support and she made me reset Windows but it didn't work at all, everything is updated and the camera still doesn't work. This issue occurred about 2 weeks ago until then my external camera was working fine. I...
  6. external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app: I cannot use my external camera on Chrome, yesterday I contacted support and she made me reset Windows but it didn't work at all, everything is updated and the camera still doesn't work. This issue occurred about 2 weeks ago until then my external camera was working fine. I...
  7. Built-in Integrated Camera doesn't work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Integrated Camera doesn't work on windows 11: My Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10with computer vision feature, Intel R AVSteam Camera goes wrong with built-in camera recently when i launch camera app or other online meeting Apps every time. The screen shows no image but black, and it will pop out a timeout error message after i...
  8. Built-in Integrated Camera doesn't work on windows 11

Built-in Integrated Camera doesn't work on windows 11: My Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 10with computer vision feature, Intel R AVSteam Camera goes wrong with built-in camera recently when i launch camera app or other online meeting Apps every time. The screen shows no image but black, and it will pop out a timeout error message after i...
  9. Camera Doesn't Work on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Doesn't Work on Windows 11: So Recently, I have discovered that my camera suddenly stopped working, I tried as ALL solutions that I could find Reinstalling the camera app, updating drivers but it still doesn't fix, I also installed updates to my drivers and I think this is what is causing all of this....
  10. Camera Doesn't Work on Windows 11

Camera Doesn't Work on Windows 11: So Recently, I have discovered that my camera suddenly stopped working, I tried as ALL solutions that I could find Reinstalling the camera app, updating drivers but it still doesn't fix, I also installed updates to my drivers and I think this is what is causing all of this....