Windows 10: camera driver gets deleted automatically

Discus and support camera driver gets deleted automatically in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; yesterday, I tried opening my camera and got the error 0xA00F244 no cameras attached well, then I found that my camera driver was listed in hidden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vinaychahal, Oct 2, 2020.

1. camera driver gets deleted automatically

yesterday, I tried opening my camera and got the error

0xA00F244 no cameras attached

well, then I found that my camera driver was listed in hidden drivers in the device manager. Then I went through 10-20 discussions on the Microsoft site, tried uninstalling the driver but then after a restart, it disappeared even from the hidden drivers' list. Then I tried watching some youtube videos, did all the basics-

1. reinstalling drivers didn't work

2. resetting windows didn't workbig surprise

3-4-5.then I downloaded further windows updates after just resetting it. I don't know why they were available after a cloud reset but I checked for updates and since they were available I downloaded..then for the camera problem I tried creating the "DWORD 32-bit Value. Name this DWORDEnableFrameServerMode." thing. after this, I also ran the hardware troubleshooter using the "msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic" command using windows+r and then I restarted and my driver was back in place.

So I don't know which of the above worked for me.

sadly, after half a day when I restarted my laptop the driver was gone again and I don't know what all I did this time but after a few restarts the camera was back again

after all this I was frustrated and knew it will happen again and so I restarted after a few hours and the driver was hidden once again. This time I tried

1. going into BIOS and change settings to default, that didn't work.

2. doing scans like sfc scannow and dismdidn't work

then I removed the last 2 windows updates and restarted, now my camera driver is back and he camera is working but I don't know after which restart it will be gone.. i don't know if that is a windows update problem or just a windows problem in general.

I think it's an update problem since the camera stopped working after one or two restarts after updating. Still, I am not sure. What should I do?

Below am attaching 2 pics showing that the device was deleted and some information that might be useful for a technician.

this is before I uninstalled the 2 updates.
    For time reference, I restarted my computer after uninstalling at 9:25, 02-10-2020

camera driver gets deleted automatically 24a1bcd1-2b71-4db7-9339-1b5e8d940d10?upload=true.png
    camera driver gets deleted automatically c19b1944-7326-4a36-ad57-6746bf135dbd?upload=true.png

:)

vinaychahal, Oct 2, 2020
  2. DAH3517 Win User

Camera driver for Toshiba satellite

Thanks Anthony,

This site does not list any camera drivers.

Any other suggestions?

DAH3517, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Clark Ari Win User
    Integrated camera driver not present in Windows 10

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as the driver is required to be downloaded manually to the manufacturer's website or when the driver is hidden. To know more about your query, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • If any, are there any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried to check if the show hidden device options is enabled? To do so, under
      Device Manager > click View > then check the
      show hidden device option.
    • Have you tried to search automatically for driver software? To do this, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
      link.

Once your done searching for recommended driver software and Windows doesn't find the camera driver, we suggest that you go to the device manufacturer's website and check for the available driver.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Clark Ari, Oct 2, 2020
  4. camera driver gets deleted automatically

Webcam Driver Update is Automatically Deleted

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

I would suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to rectify the issue.

Step 1:

Un-install/remove all the previous webcam driver software that are located in your PC.

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and follow the procedure below.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Webcam
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    • After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer and check.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

camera driver gets deleted automatically

1. camera driver gets deleted automatically - Similar Threads - camera driver gets

2. How to reinstall a deleted camera driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall a deleted camera driver.: Hi my webcam camera was not working and so I deleted the driver after trying multiple things to get the camera to work and now I can't find where to reinstall my driver. I am on windows 11 version 23H2...
  3. deleting document camera drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting document camera drivers: There are 4 drivers from a document camera that I cannot get rid of, so I am not able to turn on memory integrity. I have unistalled the document camera, but the .sys drivers remain. I did try to delete using pnputil....
  4. deleting document camera drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting document camera drivers: There are 4 drivers from a document camera that I cannot get rid of, so I am not able to turn on memory integrity. I have unistalled the document camera, but the .sys drivers remain. I did try to delete using pnputil....
  5. Laptop camera missing and delete the camera driver and can't get back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop camera missing and delete the camera driver and can't get back: I was chatting with my friends.and I opened the camera app to take a photobut,it couldn't.So I deleted the camera driver.before I delete I saw that driver icon's color is a little bit colorlessand I tried scan for hardware changesit didn't workPlease help me,How can I fix the...
  6. Laptop camera missing and delete the camera driver and can't get back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop camera missing and delete the camera driver and can't get back: I was chatting with my friends.and I opened the camera app to take a photobut,it couldn't.So I deleted the camera driver.before I delete I saw that driver icon's color is a little bit colorlessand I tried scan for hardware changesit didn't workPlease help me,How can I fix the...
  7. Laptop camera missing and delete the camera driver and can't get back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to retrieve a deleted camera driver

How to retrieve a deleted camera driver: hi, i have accidentally deleted my camera driver from the device manager instead of deleting it.Kindly assist me as I am not aware of what to do next....
  9. camera driver gets deleted automatically

camera driver gets deleted automatically: [ATTACH][ATTACH] yesterday, I tried opening my camera and got the error 0xA00F244 no cameras attached well, then I found that my camera driver was listed in hidden drivers in the device manager. Then I went through 10-20 discussions on the Microsoft site, tried...
  10. Folder getting deleted automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder getting deleted automatically: I wanted to learn Photoshop, that's why i downloaded a full guide for Photoshop of around 5 GB. Every time i put my laptop to sleep and open it, the folder is deleted. I am seriously fed me. Its more than 5 times. Plz help me....