Windows 10: Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

Discus and support Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have been facing this difficulties. I tried to make video call and noticed the camera was not opening. Then I check my camera but It shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mahedi-Hasan-Sajib, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

Hello,I have been facing this difficulties. I tried to make video call and noticed the camera was not opening. Then I check my camera but It shows the below message. I tried and followed all steps described on Google, Microsoft and YouTube but nothing worked at all. I need this to be fixed soon. I tried several methods such as camera on/off, allow to access..., camera privacy method, device manager scan drivers, add legacy...., but camera word is invisible there. I select 'show hidden drivers' method too. But same problem. Please help me to fix it. For your kind information, I am using hp N

:)

Mahedi-Hasan-Sajib, Dec 20, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Missing Camera Driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of any third party application or malware made changes to the Camera driver.

However, you can follow the steps from
    Windows can't find or start the camera

If you are unable to open Camera after following the above-mentioned steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you using an external Camera or an in-built Camera?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 20, 2021
  3. spunk Win User
    Dell camera driver

• To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.
    • If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 
    • From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera. Test your camera here
    Webcam Test

spunk, Dec 20, 2021
  4. Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

1. Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working - Similar Threads - Camera driver missing

2. Camera is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is missing: In my Surface Book laptop my build-in camera is not working anymore. I don't see it in the Device Manager. The drivers are UpToDate. All the camera settings are on. Rebooted the computer many times. Nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.-- Dilip Kumar...
  3. missing camera device and drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing camera device and drivers: I no longer can find my camera after my Microsoft 10 update. I have done initial troubleshooting and the camera or any suggestion it was once on my computer is gone....
  4. missing camera device and drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing camera device and drivers: I no longer can find my camera after my Microsoft 10 update. I have done initial troubleshooting and the camera or any suggestion it was once on my computer is gone....
  5. missing camera device and drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working: Hello,I have been facing this difficulties. I tried to make video call and noticed the camera was not opening. Then I check my camera but It shows the below message. I tried and followed all steps described on Google, Microsoft and YouTube but nothing worked at all. I need...
  7. Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera driver is missing and camera is not opening/working: Hello,I have been facing this difficulties. I tried to make video call and noticed the camera was not opening. Then I check my camera but It shows the below message. I tried and followed all steps described on Google, Microsoft and YouTube but nothing worked at all. I need...
  8. Camera not working, looking for some camera drivers

Camera not working, looking for some camera drivers: There is a problem with my camera, it's turning off and on multiple times. If its a driver problem please provide me with some new drivers. Thank you...
  9. Camera Drivers Missing

Camera Drivers Missing: Camera driver is missing and I cannot seem to get it back no matter what I try. I have found others with my same problem, but crazily enough, it has not been resolved on any platform that I have seen, thus those people are still out there without the webcam that is integrated...
  10. Missing Camera Driver

Missing Camera Driver: Hi, After update windows 10 version 1803 (OS Build 17134.345) I can't start my camera and didn't find camera driver in my system. If try to open camera app found this (error codes 0xA00F4244). Please help me to solve this problem . Thanks * Moved from Community...