Windows 10: camera driver

Discus and support camera driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop camera is not switching on when I try to open camera app it says we cant find your camera but there is a camera hole in the top of the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by priceyoneputt, May 2, 2020.

1. camera driver

My laptop camera is not switching on when I try to open camera app it says we cant find your camera but there is a camera hole in the top of the laptop when open but no light comes on. I have been into driver updates and there is nothing for camera usually found below Bluetooth driver. Any help would be appreciated

:)

priceyoneputt, May 2, 2020

2. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, May 2, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Missing Camera Driver

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of any third party application or malware made changes to the Camera driver.

However, you can follow the steps from
    Windows can't find or start the camera

If you are unable to open Camera after following the above-mentioned steps, please reply with the following details:

• Are you using an external Camera or an in-built Camera?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 2, 2020
  4. ICIT2LOL Win User

camera driver

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, May 2, 2020
Thema:

camera driver

1. camera driver - Similar Threads - camera driver

2. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  3. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Driver Disappearing: Hi,Having an issue with a colleague's camera on HP laptop, running Windows 10 Enterprise.Camera driver keeps consistently uninstalling itself, I can then manually download it and it will work for the user for a short period of time before then uninstalling itself again.Any...
  4. Camera Driver Disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera...: I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera still can't be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-checked-windows-update-and-driver-update-and/c189f383-a04d-4d91-b47a-809bef15af25
  6. I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera...

I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera...: I've checked Windows update and driver update and everything is updated but the camera still can't be used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-checked-windows-update-and-driver-update-and/c189f383-a04d-4d91-b47a-809bef15af25
  7. my system camera not working, showing error code: 0xA00F4244 and camera driver not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my system camera not working, showing error code: 0xA00F4244 and camera driver not found: error code: 0xA00F4244 and camera driver not found. All FAQ's checked not worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-camera-not-working-showing-error-code/935fe6bc-1067-4605-af72-6f03c3b80361
  8. my system camera not working, showing error code: 0xA00F4244 and camera driver not found

my system camera not working, showing error code: 0xA00F4244 and camera driver not found: error code: 0xA00F4244 and camera driver not found. All FAQ's checked not worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-camera-not-working-showing-error-code/935fe6bc-1067-4605-af72-6f03c3b80361
  9. my system camera not working, showing error code: 0xA00F4244 and camera driver not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either: My windows 11 lenovo ideapad slim 3, is not detecting camera, its not there in device manager as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-driver-is-not-showing-in-the-device/c6bfb68e-6cba-4b99-8f1d-edf7535e64de