Windows 10: Camera drivers not installing correctly

Discus and support Camera drivers not installing correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have run into this problem for quite a while on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14IML. The camera on it seems to only work on and off, and recently it's been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarcoPizz, Sep 1, 2021.

1. MarcoPizz Win User

Camera drivers not installing correctly

I have run into this problem for quite a while on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14IML. The camera on it seems to only work on and off, and recently it's been giving more and more problems. I am sure this is a driver issue and not something to do with Lenovo software.At first, Windows 10 was continuously overriding the Sunplus camera drivers provided by Lenovo with the generic Microsoft ones, which don't work. Whenever it was using the Sunplus drivers, it would say "Integrated camera" in the settings; it would say "PC camera" whenever it loaded the generic drivers.I was able to solve the issue by runn

:)

MarcoPizz, Sep 1, 2021

2. windows 10 camera app keeps crashing.

Hi Francisco,

You only need the media feature pack if you don't already have Media Player or similar features installed. The full set of media features is already installed for all Windows users except for rare exceptions in Korea and Europe where Microsoft is required
    by governing authorities to offer versions of Windows without those features.

If you are getting error 0x200F4246, please do two things:

• Run Skype and see if the camera works in that app. If it does, it confirms the issue is with the Windows Camera app.
    • If the camera doesn't work in Skype, it strongly suggests your camera driver is not installed correctly. In that case, please follow the steps I list above.
    If things still don't work, please confirm the error message you're getting. If possible, please also post a screen shot of the Imaging Devices folder within Device Manager. That will help me confirm that your driver is installed correctly.

Jeff D - Windows Camera Team, Sep 1, 2021
  3. ideacentre desk top camera not working

Hello,

This issue might have occurred due to an outdated camera driver or the camera driver was not installed correctly. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is your camera driver up-to-date?
    • Do you have any third-party security software installed on your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest you follow the steps provided in this article on how to resolve camera problems
    in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Camera drivers not installing correctly

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Camera drivers not installing correctly

1. Camera drivers not installing correctly - Similar Threads - Camera drivers installing

2. Need help installing camera drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help installing camera drivers.: Hi, so I just bought an Acer Helios Predator 300 last March and this week my camera has been turning on and off. I found a solution to it is just to not tilt the monitor too much. Just yesterday I woke up and booted my laptop, tried to join a google meeting but the camera...
  3. Camera Driver Installation

Camera Driver Installation: Hello, After a Windows Update, my camera is missing in device manager. Before the update, the camera was working perfectly fine. However, I went to the manufacturer's website to download a camera driver but it failed. The camera driver supports the operation system my...
  4. camera driver not installed

camera driver not installed: When I open my camera it shows an error code well when I followed through with fixing it I was told to roll back the driver for the camera/webcam well the driver does not seem to be any where in the device management....
  5. Install Cameras Driver

Install Cameras Driver: Dear respective person, Where can I install the authorise web camera manufacturer’s website in window 10? Because my Cameras Driver missing when i search at Devices Manager....
  6. Correct Drivers

Correct Drivers: Hello: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. What is the recommended way to check if all the correct drivers have been installed? Thanks... John S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-drivers/ef1f396e-6a23-494e-a4a6-50c1f51cc66d
  7. camera driver not installing

camera driver not installing: I have a camera of oregon scientific (DS6618) and i dont have the cdrom for it so the driver is not installing automatically and btw my laptop doesnt has a cd driver... what should i do to install the cameras driver???...
  8. Windows isn't installing correct drivers

Windows isn't installing correct drivers: I'm running windows 10 pro, I'm trying to run fastboot to flash something to my android device. No matter what I try I cant get windows to install the drivers right. While in the device manager, I noticed several error icons which also wont install correctly. I uninstalled...
  9. How to re-install camera driver

How to re-install camera driver: Hi those @ Microsoft Community, I tried to fix my camera by uninstalling the driver, but now the camera does not even appear on Device Manager, even when I click "View hidden devices" and Scan for Hardware changes. I have a Toshiba Satellite L50-B025D. I've tried looking...
  10. installing correct drivers/access to hardware?

installing correct drivers/access to hardware?: I have Windows 10 installed in a VM (Oracle VirtualBox). In device manager, most of the devices show up as generic. I downloaded the correct driver for my GTX980 video card. I tried installing it and it says "This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics...