Windows 10: Camera Error using 3D Identification on Lenovo T480

Discus and support Camera Error using 3D Identification on Lenovo T480 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Using the 3D identification I cannot use the camera in any other application. Always getting an error saying already in use. Stopped the 3D login and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UweWit, Sep 6, 2018.

1. UweWit Win User

Camera Error using 3D Identification on Lenovo T480

Using the 3D identification I cannot use the camera in any other application. Always getting an error saying already in use. Stopped the 3D login and was able to use it again. Looks like the login procedure is still blocking the camera even if the camera light went darc after identification. Any idea how to solve?

[ Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in ]

:)

UweWit, Sep 6, 2018
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Driver Needed

Hello and welcome ksuthayya have had a look for a driver for your machine but there are only drivers listed up to 8.1 not 10.
    Camera Driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - IdeaPad Y410p, Y510p - Lenovo Support (US)

Another Google found that there was no camera driver support for 10. for a similar Lenovo Lenovo Y510P (Unsupported for Win 10) Camera Drive... - Lenovo Community

Having said that my old Toshiba was in the same position and yet when I installed 10 Windows updates found drivers for stuff not listed on the Toshiba site.

Now a suggestion would be to get a clip on camera and install it via USB or like wise because it would have it owns driver. If my memory serves me right they are not that expensive - but still annoying eh?.

ICIT2LOL, Sep 6, 2018
  3. I purchased a Lenovo Yoga3 and camera doesn't work

Hi Jane,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the exact error/message you get?
    • Which app are you using to access the camera?
    I suggest try you below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Camera driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Camera driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update driver Software.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you

Ashwin V S, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Camera Error using 3D Identification on Lenovo T480

Lenovo Easy Camera not working with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

In most of the cases webcam might not work if it is not compatible with the generic driver or if supporting software is not installed.

I would suggest you to update the Camera drivers from the
    device manger.

• Press Windows + X key and select Device manager.
    • Select Imaging devices and select Lenovo Easy Camera.
    • Right click and select Update the driver.
    • Follow on screen steps and check.
    If it doesn't help then I would suggest you to check in the manufacturer's website for compatible Camera drivers and install it and also any supporting webcam software:

Lenovo Support:
    http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products?tabName=Downloads&linkTrack=Mast:SubNav:SupportCamera Error using 3D Identification on Lenovo T480 :product

If this doesn’t work then follow the same way and Uninstall the camera driver and restart the machine.

Windows 10 will automatically detect the Camera while you use it and installs the required drivers for it.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Camera Error using 3D Identification on Lenovo T480

1. Camera Error using 3D Identification on Lenovo T480 - Similar Threads - Camera Error using

2. Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a lenovo thinkpad t480, but theres a bitlocker recovery key: The laptop is used but in great condition, however It's useless since I can't get to the next step of setting it up without having the bitlocker recovery key. Is there anyway to recover it, or maybe even factory reset it? I spoke to a live chat agent and they told me to just...
  3. Lenovo T480 shuts down randomly during use. What is the cause of this?

Lenovo T480 shuts down randomly during use. What is the cause of this?: My Lenovo T480 shuts down randomly during use. What is the cause of this problem? It is persistent and is affecting my productivity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-t480-shuts-down-randomly-during-use-what-is/93c7db87-eb9e-4f5b-bb28-c1bf208ea984
  4. Lenovo T480 shuts down randomly during use. What is the cause of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo T480 shuts down randomly during use. What is the cause of this?: My Lenovo T480 shuts down randomly during use. What is the cause of this problem? It is persistent and is affecting my productivity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-t480-shuts-down-randomly-during-use-what-is/93c7db87-eb9e-4f5b-bb28-c1bf208ea984
  5. Why windows using primary battery instead of secondary Lenovo T480 ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why windows using primary battery instead of secondary Lenovo T480 ?: My Lenovo T480 using primary battery battery 1 first then using secondary battery battery 2. I want to use secondary battery first then primary battery. Here I gave some photos.Link 1 - https://i.ibb.co/j5CcMH2/Screenshot-2023-09-10-072811.pngLink 2 -...
  6. Why windows using primary battery instead of secondary Lenovo T480 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows using primary battery instead of secondary Lenovo T480 ?: My Lenovo T480 using primary battery battery 1 first then using secondary battery battery 2. I want to use secondary battery first then primary battery. Here I gave some photos.Link 1 - https://i.ibb.co/j5CcMH2/Screenshot-2023-09-10-072811.pngLink 2 -...
  7. Why windows using primary battery instead of secondary Lenovo T480 ?

8. Cannot use camera on Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use camera on Lenovo laptop: Hi! I have just purchased a new Lenovo laptop E14 Gen 2 Type 20TA, 20TB Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20TA and installed Windows 10 Pro 64. Everything seems to work ok except the camera. When I try to launch it i receive the following: [ATTACH] removed camera from device...
  9. Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump: I have a new Windows 10 update to my Lenovo T480. When I hook up the external monitor to the dock or to the laptop, the monitor causes my programs to jump and not work correctly. Specifically SAP. If I unhook the monitor, all is well. I have all the "monitor" functions, I...
  10. Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo T480 external Monitor causes programs to jump: I have a new Windows 10 update to my Lenovo T480. When I hook up the external monitor to the dock or to the laptop, the monitor causes my programs to jump and not work correctly. Specifically SAP. If I unhook the monitor, all is well. I have all the "monitor" functions, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. oxa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

2. 0xa00f4244 lenovo T480

3. oxa00f4244 nocamerasareattached

4. oxa00f4244 nocamerasareattached lenovo yoga,
  5. camera on the t480 open or closed,
  6. lenovo t480 camera not working,
  7. oxa00f4244<nocamerasareattached> dell,
  8. oxa00f4244(nocamerasareattached,
  9. OXA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>