Windows 10: Camera failed

Discus and support Camera failed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, When I open the Camera app, the frontal camera does not work (I get a message with the error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TÖZMEN, Dec 14, 2018.

1. TÖZMEN Win User

Camera failed

Hi,

When I open the Camera app, the frontal camera does not work (I get a message with the error code 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>(0xC00D3704)).\

How can I solve This problem?

:)

TÖZMEN, Dec 14, 2018

2. my camera disappeared with Windows 10 update

Hello,

I appreciate for trying the troubleshooting steps for resolving the issue, as a next step I would suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

An outdated or incompatible driver can cause this problem. As an initial step, I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and install the latest driver for Windows 10.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click
      on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to
      Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select previous version of Windows from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Also, see: How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

How to fix Windows 10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Camera failed

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Camera failed

1. Camera failed - Similar Threads - Camera failed

2. Camera constantly fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera constantly fails: I have a Surface Pro 8 and it constantly tells me there is no camera installed. I use the troubleshooter and get it working but this is not a useful fix as it happens constantly. Most days I have to log on using my PIN as the camera for Windows Hello does not work. Then I log...
  3. Camera constantly fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera constantly fails: I have a Surface Pro 8 and it constantly tells me there is no camera installed. I use the troubleshooter and get it working but this is not a useful fix as it happens constantly. Most days I have to log on using my PIN as the camera for Windows Hello does not work. Then I log...
  4. Windows Camera app fails to take Document captures, reports error code 0xA00F42A8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera app fails to take Document captures, reports error code 0xA00F42A8: I recently broke my Surface Go and sent it off for repair, and when it came back I thought nothing of it. It seemed to work fine. That is, until I tried to use the camera. The camera app worked fine until I pushed the "Take Photo" button to actually take the photo, then it...
  5. Windows Camera app fails to take Document captures, reports error code 0xA00F42A8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Camera app fails to take Document captures, reports error code 0xA00F42A8: I recently broke my Surface Go and sent it off for repair, and when it came back I thought nothing of it. It seemed to work fine. That is, until I tried to use the camera. The camera app worked fine until I pushed the "Take Photo" button to actually take the photo, then it...
  6. Windows Camera app fails to take Document captures, reports error code 0xA00F42A8

7. Arlo Pro 4 camera installation fails to complete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Arlo Pro 4 camera installation fails to complete: Trying to use the app Setup for Arlo Pro 4 VMC 404 1P on a password protected wireless LAN adapter WiFi and cannot get the device to recognize the QR code from the Arlo app on my smartphone both apps are signed in using the WPA2 username and password.Arlo tech support used a...
  8. Arlo Pro 4 camera installation fails to complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arlo Pro 4 camera installation fails to complete: Trying to use the app Setup for Arlo Pro 4 VMC 404 1P on a password protected wireless LAN adapter WiFi and cannot get the device to recognize the QR code from the Arlo app on my smartphone both apps are signed in using the WPA2 username and password.Arlo tech support used a...
  9. Arlo Pro 4 camera installation fails to complete

10. Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.

Windows 10 camera works briefly when the drivers are updated, then fails.: I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad X1 that is set for facial recognition, so the camera issues are causing some difficulty. The drivers have been updated to manufacture's spec, but the issue persists.When an app is started that requires camera access, an error 0xa00f4271...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c270 mediacapturefailedevent