Windows 10: camera has ceased to work

Discus and support camera has ceased to work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; having a real problem with the camera on my dell laptop, has just stopped working and cannot gat any help regarding this, have checked all sorts,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stiggie_spc, Jun 1, 2020.

1. camera has ceased to work

having a real problem with the camera on my dell laptop, has just stopped working and cannot gat any help regarding this, have checked all sorts, running Norton, but that seems ok, cannot find cameras in setting, just seems to have disappeared, need help please as I can no longer join in family zoom meetings which as for all of us at the moment is a must to keep us together, many thanks in advance, stiggie

:)

stiggie_spc, Jun 1, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

camera has ceased to work

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

camera has ceased to work

1. camera has ceased to work - Similar Threads - camera has ceased

2. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Cortana
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  3. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  4. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my camera has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my camera has stopped working: I have online zoom classes and have been using my camera alot. It has recently been turning my screen green and then becoming undetectable. I have updated and restarted it. That helps for a few minutes but then it happens again....
  6. the laptop has all but ceased

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the laptop has all but ceased: what do I do when I get [ShellClassInfo] LocaliseResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787 this all came from a Microsoft download what next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-has-all-but-ceased/6543fa7e-915d-4c12-9275-27f1c064986c
  7. Laptop camera has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop camera has stopped working.: Laptop camera has stopped working. I just got it, so I'm not even sure if it was working in the first place. Can't even find the device driver in there. Nothing is helping....
  8. Web camera has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Web camera has stopped working.: I just bought a new Lenovo ideapad 330 last month. All of a sudden, my webcam has stopped working. I am using it everyday for my work. What should I do? Please help!...
  9. sound icon has ceased to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound icon has ceased to work: After recent windows10 update, sound icon on task bar now ceased to work. Any answers please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/sound-icon-has-ceased-to-work/81ccb92e-b518-4477-9095-ad07cf301b63
  10. Onedrive has ceased to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive has ceased to sync: Re-installing seemed to do the trick - many thanks! @DrAS Great! Glad that worked out for you! *Smile