Windows 10: Camera has no display but light indicates it is on.

Discus and support Camera has no display but light indicates it is on. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was part of a Zoom meeting a couple months ago. My camera was working but there was no sound. After the meeting I was checking around for settings... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fern2Day, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Fern2Day Win User

Camera has no display but light indicates it is on.

I was part of a Zoom meeting a couple months ago. My camera was working but there was no sound. After the meeting I was checking around for settings that might enable the sound and at some point I remember a setting asking if I would allow outside apps access and I clicked no. The camera has not worked since and I cannot relocate the setting ... if that is my problem.

My camera was old but had never been used before so I purchased a new one. The camera doesn't work either. So ... some setting somewhere is blocking the camera.

:)

Fern2Day, Jul 31, 2020

2. Power indicator light

Hi Carol,

Light indicator depends on the manufacturer of your device. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional information:

• Can you tell us if you're pertaining on the power light of your monitor or system unit?
    • Are you experiencing any issues on your computer while the power light is orange?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/camera-privacy-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 31, 2020
  4. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Camera has no display but light indicates it is on. - Similar Threads - Camera has display

2. Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on: This morning when I was in a Zoom meeting when I wanted to turn on the camera, suddenly my camera could not turn on blank even though the camera switch and camera light were still on. When I opened the camera application, the image was blank and an error appeared like in the...
  3. Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on: This morning when I was in a Zoom meeting when I wanted to turn on the camera, suddenly my camera could not turn on blank even though the camera switch and camera light were still on. When I opened the camera application, the image was blank and an error appeared like in the...
  4. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring: A few months ago, my caps lock button light just suddenly stopped working. The caps lock key is working, but the light isn't, and the light indicator is a very useful feature. Any methods to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1348HP Laptop...
  5. Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps Lock Indicator Light not Wokring: A few months ago, my caps lock button light just suddenly stopped working. The caps lock key is working, but the light isn't, and the light indicator is a very useful feature. Any methods to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. Version 21H1OS Build 19043.1348HP Laptop...
  6. In-built camera displaying blank screen despite camera indicator is on along with "Camera...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-built camera displaying blank screen despite camera indicator is on along with "Camera...: Hi All, My in-built camera was working properly until Jan. Now when I try to use the camera it shows a blank screen. IMPORTANT: I learned I need to use the camera I installed the Irium webcam application to use the phone camera wirelessly for pc. I tried on skype call...
  7. Battery Indicator Light Malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Indicator Light Malfunction: My laptop is ALWAYS connected to a power source. I do not operate it on battery power.. A few months ago a blinking amber light appeared on my indicator bar to inform me the battery power was low. The battery icon on the taskbar revealed 94% availability (plugged in)....
  8. power indicator light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    power indicator light: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator-light/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  9. How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Tell if NumLock/CapsLock is ON/OFF if PC has no Indicator Light: After a lot of searches, it's apparent that many manufacturers have taken away the indicator light for CapsLock/NumLock. How lovely. Today, I found a free third-party tool that works great. TrayStatus will put the little display icons back on the screen for you. Yes, I...
  10. Wireless Indicator Light

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Indicator Light: Toshiba Satellite laptop, L55 series There are 3 indicator lights on the front of my computer. The 3rd one is the wireless indicator light. It's always orange, whereas the others are white. Just curious? 75197