Windows 10: Camera & importing wont work after microsoft added an unwanted program

Discus and support Camera & importing wont work after microsoft added an unwanted program in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thanks to microsoft another unwanted program was added without my permission, which disabled the camera. How do I get the camera going again, & block... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by checkin8756, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Camera & importing wont work after microsoft added an unwanted program

Thanks to microsoft another unwanted program was added without my permission, which disabled the camera. How do I get the camera going again, & block microsoft with their newby addons?

:)

checkin8756, Mar 24, 2020

2. Importing Photos from my camera to my computer.

Hello William,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?
    • What is the make and model of your camera and PC?
    Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD.

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    If the camera is not detected when you connect it to Windows, there could be possibility of driver issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Not possible to import photos direct from my camera in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can understand the inconvenience this may have caused, but rest assured, we are here to help you with your concern.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Camera & importing wont work after microsoft added an unwanted program

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Camera & importing wont work after microsoft added an unwanted program

1. Camera & importing wont work after microsoft added an unwanted program - Similar Threads - Camera importing wont

2. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  3. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  4. Unwanted subject ads on Microsoft games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted subject ads on Microsoft games: I started playing MS Jigsaw to relax and I cannot get rid of an ad of COFFINS, yes, COFFIN ADS on a game, come on? I have a pi-hole in my house so I do not see ads for most of the pages I visit, tracking is disabled and I am pretty sure I never searched for it either, but for...
  5. Unwanted subject ads on Microsoft games

Unwanted subject ads on Microsoft games: I started playing MS Jigsaw to relax and I cannot get rid of an ad of COFFINS, yes, COFFIN ADS on a game, come on? I have a pi-hole in my house so I do not see ads for most of the pages I visit, tracking is disabled and I am pretty sure I never searched for it either, but for...
  6. Camera Wont Work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Wont Work: I bought a Latitude E5500 that has been updated to Windows 10 and I can't get my camera to work. I downloaded RealTek Pc Camera driver and it doesn't work either. The Dell site there is no support for my device. What can I do? I sure would appreciate some help if anyone is...
  7. camera wont work

camera wont work: error code app using camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-wont-work/a1ab6ca3-7391-472b-93e4-aa155df9720f
  8. Unwanted ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted ads: HI, I have a laptop that is less than a year old. Has antivirus etc. Ads keep popping up on the home screen, not when I have an internet browser open, and there is no option to stop seeing ads etc. They are ads for random products, apps etc, a lot of them misogynistic and...
  9. unwanted program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unwanted program: Recently I've been logging in to Google Chrome email and from that into Outlook. Next, when I hit new tab it no longer opens the Google Chrome email home page. Instead, it opens a search page and won't get off it unless I completely exit from Google or restart the whole...
  10. unwanted ad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unwanted ad: I went to a website about two weeks ago and now every time I am online there is an ad from that site on my screen. Is there a way to eliminate it? 46109