Windows 10: Camera in use by another application

Discus and support Camera in use by another application in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep getting the above message when I try to use my webcam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodKibble, Jul 25, 2018.

1. RodKibble Win User

Camera in use by another application

I keep getting the above message when I try to use my webcam

:)

RodKibble, Jul 25, 2018
  2. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Camera in use by another application

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Camera in use by another application

1. Camera in use by another application - Similar Threads - Camera another application

2. Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error: Camera not working!... It just blinks and continues to blink but not fully functional and when I test it using an online tool, the tool says "camera is already in use by another application" . I have tried everything I could - 1 . Driver Updated2 . "camsvc" process is...
  3. Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error: Camera not working!... It just blinks and continues to blink but not fully functional and when I test it using an online tool, the tool says "camera is already in use by another application" . I have tried everything I could - 1 . Driver Updated2 . "camsvc" process is...
  4. Camera already in use by another application. How to solve this error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My camera is in use by another app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My camera is in use by another app: I recently had to use the smart phone to join a Zoom call because my camera wouldn't work. I later tried to open the computer camera but got a message that the camera is being used by another app. How does one find out which app is using it and regain use of the camera?Error...
  6. Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.

Camera in use by another app... but it isn't.: Camera in use by another app... but it isn't. I cant get my camera to work because message says it's in use by another app. The only camera app I use is Zoom, but I don't have Zoom open....
  7. Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application.: I'm having an issue where youtube live, zoom, teams etc are not letting me use my camera because they say Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application. Any idea how to resolve this? Dell support wanted 129 to diagnose. Camera application works fine...
  8. Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera can't be accessed because it's being used by another application.: I have been trying without success for the past ten hours, and it is frustrating trying to get my camera activated for a live broadcast via the internet. Although I have troubleshot all the problems and solutions to fix the issues, I am stuck. I keep getting this message...
  9. Windows Hello wont enable, says "Your Camera is in use by another application"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello wont enable, says "Your Camera is in use by another application": The webcam and IR sense comes on, I can tell because once I try to setup Windows Hello it turns on the green and red light. The camera app it's self works. I had to keep trying yesterday several times before it would work, I'm not running any other antivirus programs apart...
  10. Camera being used by another app.

Camera being used by another app.: Want to use camera on laptop and reads that the camera is being used by another app that needs to be closed. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/camera-being-used-by-another-app/4529ad7b-4d3a-4cc6-9937-b5feb61d53e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera in use by another application

2. camera in use by another app

3. Camera in use by another application?

4. camera in use by another application iphone,
  5. camera in use another application,
  6. camera is in use by another app,
  7. windows phone another app usibg camera,
  8. windows phone camera in use in other application,
  9. camera is in use by another application Windows 10