Windows 10: Camera is not being detected in Device Manager

Discus and support Camera is not being detected in Device Manager in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had disabled the camera as it was not in use but again when I tried to enable the device manger says no Camera detected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MD-Ata-Ur-Rahman, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Camera is not being detected in Device Manager

I had disabled the camera as it was not in use but again when I tried to enable the device manger says no Camera detected

:)

MD-Ata-Ur-Rahman, Mar 5, 2019
  2. FigenIsik Win User

built in camera is not listed in device manager

Thank you so much for your effort but camera is not listed in device manager, so I cannot do what you suggested. Thank you.

FigenIsik, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Mar 5, 2019
  4. wintf Win User

Camera is not being detected in Device Manager

Nikon D5300 camera detected as COM, not portable device

As title says, when connecting a Nikon D5300 camera to my desktop it appears as a serial (COM6) device in device manager.
    It should be detected as a portable device. (As it does when connected to my laptop)

It is not shown in Explorer and no software for the camera detects it, including Nikon software which is tested for Win10 compatibility. (image transfer and remote control)

wintf, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Camera is not being detected in Device Manager

1. Camera is not being detected in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Camera being detected

2. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  3. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  4. NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager

NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager: I've recently purchased a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop. It has got two GPUs: an AMD Radeon integrated GPU, and a NVIDIA GTX 1650.AMD GPU works just fine, but recently when I started a game, i came to know that the NVIDIA GPU had got disabled. Things I've tried:1. Went to Device...
  5. NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Graphics Card Not Being Detected in Device Manager: I've recently purchased a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 laptop. It has got two GPUs: an AMD Radeon integrated GPU, and a NVIDIA GTX 1650.AMD GPU works just fine, but recently when I started a game, i came to know that the NVIDIA GPU had got disabled. Things I've tried:1. Went to Device...
  6. Camera to detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera to detected in Device Manager: Hi there, I have an Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 Home, and can't seem to get my webcam to work. It is not listed on the Device Manager list, even in hidden programs. I'd like to know how to obtain the driver, Thanks, Fernando...
  7. Web Camera Not Being Detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Web Camera Not Being Detected: Hi all! I'm having an issue with webcams not being detected; I tried 3 different cameras, which all worked some time ago (I last used my webcam around May for online school, and now that I'm back to distance learning I really need to figure this out). The camera app isn't...
  8. Device not being detected?

Device not being detected?: I recently bought a new headset with a mic. The headset has a 3.5mm jack and a usb connector powering a mic. The problem is windows 10 not detecting anything when I plug in the usb, and the mic isn't registered as a device at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  9. CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER

CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER: ERROR MESSAGE (CAMERA NOT FOUND) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-in-device-manager/d81a9029-d6ad-48e7-a1ac-78196a6ce2dd
  10. camera not being detected

camera not being detected: I have an hp 22-b215m all in one with a built in web cam nothing can detect the camera tried all the trouble shooting in Microsoft still doesn't detect anyone else having this problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera not detected in device manager

2. camera not recognised in device manager

3. no camera detected in device manager

4. ids camera not detected in manager