Windows 10: Camera is not functioning or working properly

Discus and support Camera is not functioning or working properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i Have a lenovo laptop windows 10, its touch screen and all. but i can't get the camera working and i tried searching how to fix this problem. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Melszx, May 26, 2021.

1. Melszx Win User

Camera is not functioning or working properly

Hi, i Have a lenovo laptop windows 10, its touch screen and all. but i can't get the camera working and i tried searching how to fix this problem. I've tried the following steps and instructions people have given on the internet on how to fix your webcam/camera and i've tried it, but nothing has worked so far. If anyone Knows how to fix this or has any advice or tips please tell me, i really want to be able to use my camera/webcam. thank you.

:)

Melszx, May 26, 2021

2. Windows Camera app not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Camera app stops recording and I will be happy to answer your query.

First of all, I would suggest you to run the inbuilt troubleshooter and check if it helps. Right click on Start>control panel>type troubleshooting in the top right search tab> Select View All from the right column> select Windows Store Apps> follow the onscreen
    prompts.

If this does not help then follow the steps listed below:

You may try to uninstall the apps using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Camera app.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows store.

You may check the functionality of the camera app after reinstalling the camera app.

Also, see: Camera app and webcams help

How to use the Camera app

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, May 26, 2021
  3. Camera App in Windows 10 not Working Properly

Hi Keith,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the camera app as you have already tried to update the latest drivers from Microsoft.

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall the Camera app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows store.

You may check the functionality of the camera app after reinstalling the camera app.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 26, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Camera is not functioning or working properly - Similar Threads - Camera functioning working

2. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function keys not working properly: My function keys aren't doing anything else but what they're supposed to do, which, I know sounds like the opposite of a problem, but it really isn't. I play a lot of computer games and all of them have uses for the fn keys. One, in particular, uses F2 to open settings. When...
  3. camera not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not working properly: this image is keep on showing on our camera even though I already tried troubleshooting and reinstall the camera driver still the same result, camera light is lighting and the show/hide button on top of the camera is working but it doesn't affect the image appearing on the...
  4. camera not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera not working properly: this image is keep on showing on our camera even though I already tried troubleshooting and reinstall the camera driver still the same result, camera light is lighting and the show/hide button on top of the camera is working but it doesn't affect the image appearing on the...
  5. Camera is not working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is not working Properly: Image is not visible properly in both pic&video mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-working-properly/ed5dca9b-6345-4722-8ab7-6ee8416e6286
  6. Camera not working properly.

Camera not working properly.: I have updated my windows to the latest possible version of windows and still I am unable to use my device camera. I have tried reinstalling the camera from device manager but still it is not functioning properly. [ATTACH]...
  7. Camera is not working properly

Camera is not working properly: After windows 10 update my webcam of laptop is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-working-properly/7e455eba-73ac-463f-9b5e-1b5c8814a8a7
  8. Camera Is not Working Properly

Camera Is not Working Properly: I just updated my Lenovo with Windows 10. I hosted a Zoom meeting and all I can see is this with the camera on. The same thing happens with my Camera App. Help please![ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. WINDOW CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPER.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOW CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPER.: CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.IT SHOWS A CROSS MARK IN FULL SCREEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-camera-app-not-function-proper/4c319878-0451-46b7-b53f-dc0d4812e11d
  10. Function keys not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Function keys not working properly: I've noticed a while ago that some of my function keys are not working properly: 1- fn + f7: used to turn off my screen but not it does nothing 2- fn + f9: used to disable touchpad but now it doesn't work I think the error might have occurred after a windows update,...