Windows 10: Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps.

Discus and support Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey there! My camera recently stopped working, the app doesn't show anything except black screen no interface, no gui, no grid, just pure black, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OmarSaib, Apr 25, 2021.

1. OmarSaib Win User

Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps.

Hey there! My camera recently stopped working, the app doesn't show anything except black screen no interface, no gui, no grid, just pure black, and when I open it on zoom, the app crashes. What should I do to fix this?

:)

OmarSaib, Apr 25, 2021

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 25, 2021
  3. tct225 Win User
    camera will not work after win10

Thank you for your suggestions and advice Abdul...

As I stated in my earlier text, I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver ad nausea, search for new drivers, and went to the Sony webcite for new software, the very things you have suggested. Although there is a long list of upgraded Win10 drivers for my
    Vaio there is not one for the camera. There are several for graphics and video but they did nothing to turn on the camera.

Isn't it strange that the camera should have been renamed by the installation to "front camera"? Anyway, if you can suggest something else I would greatly appreciate it.

Tom

tct225, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps.

Camera is not working in win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As per your concern about accessing camera on your device, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Is there any error message/ error code with this issue?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Installing the pending updates will include the drivers for your device as well, which might help you to access the camera.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Do confirm us if you are facing issues with camera app as well. If so, try the below.

Method 3: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.

• Click on View All on left side and select
      Windows Store Apps.

• Select Advance and click on
      Run as Administrator

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps.

1. Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps. - Similar Threads - Camera working Win10

2. Why is my camera app not working and the camera light is on at all times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my camera app not working and the camera light is on at all times: my camer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-camera-app-not-working-and-the-camera/7e48a94f-a131-4b51-86da-39d340893b60
  3. Why is my camera app not working and the camera light is on at all times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my camera app not working and the camera light is on at all times: my camer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-camera-app-not-working-and-the-camera/7e48a94f-a131-4b51-86da-39d340893b60
  4. Camera app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app not working: The camera app is just working fine yesterday but today all I can see is grey. I turned on the camera in my laptop and ensure that there is no blocker on it. Again, it is working yesterday. Tried to update Windows and still no help. I tried the repair and reset in settings...
  5. Win10 Camera App - Document scanning not working

Win10 Camera App - Document scanning not working: So - our pupils currently have HP ProBook x360 11 G3 EE Notebook PC with 2 built-in cameras. One is a 'normal' webcam at the top of the screen, the other sited next to the trackpad.The laptops have a 360 degree fold on the hinge, and so you can take photos using the keyboard...
  6. Camera app not working

Camera app not working: My web camera is not working. I am getting the below error Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244. Can anyone help resolve my issue Regards, Hemanshu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working/b6fd8f99-67d2-4e02-b7c2-6fd8614d085e
  7. Camera App not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera App not working: Hi, My camera app is not working for Microsoft Teams. Error message "Your video is not working. trying unplugging and plugging your webcam" Privacy settings are ok...
  8. Camera APP not working

Camera APP not working: My camera is not working. It does not show up in Device Manager, only on my list of APPs. Can I delete it and upload in again--or what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-not-working/c2e8d6d9-27d1-4c2e-ace7-3b2da85230fc
  9. Camera on Win10 doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera on Win10 doesn't work: The camera on my laptop says it's working properly, but when I get into Camera to take a pic or a video, I see the camera with the international "no" slash across it, the camera light comes on, and the camera image in the lower-right is gray. Camera lens is not covered up. If...
  10. Loss of Rear Camera in Win10 Camera App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of Rear Camera in Win10 Camera App: Morning All, NEXTBOOK NXW10QC32G, ATTOM 1.33 QUAD, 2GIG Been fighting this issue for a while now. In win8.1 the Win camera app can switch between front and rear looking cameras. In upgrade to win10 anniv just the front facing camera is available with no option to change. Is...