Windows 10: Camera is not working

Discus and support Camera is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Split from this thread. my camera it is not working l need help wirt my camera comments... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by King David M, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Camera is not working

Split from this thread.​

my camera it is not working l need help wirt my camera comments

:)

King David M, Jan 22, 2021

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Camera is not working

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Camera is not working

1. Camera is not working - Similar Threads - Camera working

2. Built-in Camera Not Working - Tried All Suggestion from Official Troubleshooting Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Camera Not Working - Tried All Suggestion from Official Troubleshooting Page: I noticed today that the builtin camera is no longer working on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1. The weird part is that what is shown is a black screen with a small band of white light off to the side, so it's picking up something. There is no light on next to the camera so I have a...
  3. camera not working!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera not working!!!!!!: my camera is not working.it was working very nicely earlier 1 month ago and then i pressed fn+f10 which disables your camera. I pressed fn+f10 when i wanted to but one day it didnt work.i pressed it again and again and my camera is disable for 1 month now.my f10 key is also...
  4. Camera Not Working

Camera Not Working: My camera on my sony vaio not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working/6be6981f-8adc-4807-b2b0-8565852dbbe4
  5. HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Pavilion gaming laptop camera stopped working: Hi, I have HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop. It has Windows 10 installed. I am facing issue with my web cam. It was working fine until some days ago, but yesterday when I tried it. It wasn't working. It does not show any display, just blank screen. When I try to click a photo or...
  6. Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Built-In Camera No Longer Working After Updates: I updated my Surface Pro 5th Gen on 2/8/2021, and ever since then my computer doesn't recognize the built-in camera Intel AVStream Camera 2500. I've tried disabling/enabling the camera, checking for additional driver updates, checking the uefi to see if it was disabled, and...
  7. Camera not working

Camera not working: I have a Lenovo computer using windows 10. I want to use the camera but it says another app is already using the camera. How can I find out what app is using it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working/0aaa750d-8af6-4bdf-8350-64e4fc413264
  8. My Laptop's built-in Camera isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop's built-in Camera isn't working: Hi! Last week I bought my new laptop. Today I joined the Zoom meeting but unfortunately my camera didn't worked for me. I tried my to solve the issue but could not. Can anyone of you tell me how can I resolve this issue? I rebooted my PC and issue is same....
  9. Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Builtin Windows camera randomly shows black screen, randomly begins working again,...: I've been having an ongoing issue with the built-in Windows webcam for the past few months. It works totally fine and dandy for a couple of days. However, every couple days it freaks out. In the camera app, it alternates between the below screens about 10 times: [ATTACH]...
  10. Camera not working on HP Pavillion X2 Detachable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera not working on HP Pavillion X2 Detachable: had original OS replaced with another Windows 10 and I can’t find Imagining Device on Device Manager. Tried Privacy setting but no avail, and I don’t use any third-party antivirus. Error code: 0xA00F4244. is there any solution? submitted by /u/AdSuspicious1899 [link]...