Windows 10: Camera is turning on and off on its own

Discus and support Camera is turning on and off on its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lannie Inya, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Camera is turning on and off on its own

Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is?

I have Acer Predator Helios and Windows 10.

Thank you

:)

Lannie Inya, Apr 30, 2020
  2. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Camera is turning on and off on its own

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Camera is turning on and off on its own

1. Camera is turning on and off on its own - Similar Threads - Camera turning off

2. PC turns off on its own without anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off on its own without anything.: Hello my PC randomly turns offMy PC randomly turns off when, I checked Event logs I found that there a lots of Kernel-Power errors.The latest one is listed here:System- Provider[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID...
  3. PC turns off on its own without anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off on its own without anything.: Hello my PC randomly turns offMy PC randomly turns off when, I checked Event logs I found that there a lots of Kernel-Power errors.The latest one is listed here:System- Provider[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID...
  4. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  5. PC turns off and on on its own

PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  6. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  8. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  9. pc turning off on its own

10. WiFi turns off on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi turns off on its own: My laptop just updated last night and now every few minutes or so the WiFi shuts itself off. I can turn it back on myself but it also turns itself back on if I wait. The drivers are all fully updated as well so I don’t know what else to do. submitted by /u/JasonWalkerBowman...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows camera app keeps turning the camera on and off