Windows 10: Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it

Discus and support Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; im on windows 10 2009 my cam randomly stops working my bios has camera enabled i uninstalled my cam driver and rebooted no luck installed other drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ZainullahK, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it

im on windows 10 2009 my cam randomly stops working my bios has camera enabled i uninstalled my cam driver and rebooted no luck installed other drivers not my cam drivers but other camera drivers i knew that wasnt going to work my cam is just black

submitted by /u/ZainullahK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ZainullahK, Apr 10, 2021
  2. John DeV Win User

camera isnt working

Hello SheilaPavlich,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I understand you're having trouble with your laptop camera. Can I ask when is the last time the camera was working? Did you made any changes recently? Is this a built-in or external camera? What is the make and model of your device?

I compiled below solutions for you to try.

Step 1. Give your apps permission

If you recently updated Windows 10, you might need to give apps permission to use the camera. In newer versions of Windows 10, some apps don’t have default access to the camera.

To let apps access the camera, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Camera. Then turn on Allow access to camera on this device.

Step 2. Check your antivirus software

In your antivirus software settings, look for settings that block access to your camera or permission to use your webcam. For help, visit your antivirus software company’s website.

Step 3. Update a device driver using Windows Update

In the search box on the taskbar, type check for updates, then select Check for updates from the list of results.

Under Windows Update, select Check for updates. Windows Update will tell you if you need any updates or not, and whether the latest updates were successfully installed.

Step 4. Download and install the camera driver

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select Device Manager from the list of results.

In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Or Go to your manufacturer's Support Page. Download and install latest drivers for your camera.

Step 5. Roll back your webcam driver

In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.

Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. Some drivers don’t provide this option. If your driver doesn’t have Roll Back Driver available, go ahead to the next fix.

After the roll back is complete, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.

If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.

Step 6. Uninstall your camera in Device Driver

In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.

Select the Driver tab, select Uninstall > Delete the driver software for this device, and then select OK.

In Device Manager, on the Action menu, select Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your PC, and then try opening the Camera app again.

If your webcam still doesn’t work, look for help on your webcam company’s website.

Step 7. If your camera isn't listed in Device manager, test ports and run a scan

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps:

If Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it

1. Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it - Similar Threads - Camera isnt working

2. cortana search isnt working ive tried Restoro, but it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cortana search isnt working ive tried Restoro, but it doesnt work: the search on start isn't working, ive tried Restoro but either it doesnt work or ive restored the incorrect file, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-isnt-working-ive-tried-restoro-but/6ea2d391-5ba1-4a22-b096-08266527e559
  3. cortana search isnt working ive tried Restoro, but it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana search isnt working ive tried Restoro, but it doesnt work: the search on start isn't working, ive tried Restoro but either it doesnt work or ive restored the incorrect file, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-isnt-working-ive-tried-restoro-but/6ea2d391-5ba1-4a22-b096-08266527e559
  4. cortana search isnt working ive tried Restoro, but it doesnt work

in Cortana
  5. Camera Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Isnt Working: my camera wasnt working so i tryed everything i can but it doesnt worked so the last thing i can do was reinstall the camera driver so i uninstalled it and restarted the pc but it doesnt got reinstalled so i think i need to install it manually and need the file of integrated...
  6. Microsoft store isnt working and ive tried EVERYTHING.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft store isnt working and ive tried EVERYTHING.: So , I bought the game pass trying to play Forza horizon 4 on my computer. And I have had my issues with the Microsoft store before and usually I can fix it in around 5 minutes by googling something. But this time it was different, I tried re-setting my Microsoft store in the...
  7. No Audio at my laptop. Ive tried everything and cant fix it.

No Audio at my laptop. Ive tried everything and cant fix it.: i have laptop acer Aspire E 14. Last week i have update to windows 10. after i update to windows 10 there is no sound at my laptop. I did a diagnostics boot and finally opened it in repair mode somehow. . I've updated/ reinstalled the drivers and followed every guild I could...
  8. No Audio output device is installed. Ive tried everything and cant fix it.

No Audio output device is installed. Ive tried everything and cant fix it.: I have an XPS 15. The laptop had a hard crash and wouldn't turn on for a long time. I did a diagnostics boot and finally opened it in repair mode somehow. IE the fan wouldn't stop spinning restarted it and turned the mode off. Also at some point in this prosses, I unplugged...
  9. CAMERA ISNT WORKING

CAMERA ISNT WORKING: CAMERA WHEN STARTED SHOWS OBSTRUCTED VIEW,I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS D EXACT ISSUE ….DO I HAVR TO REMOVE THE STICKER LIKE THING NEAR THE WEBCAM OR WHAT DO I DO EXACTLY? MODEL - S340 LENOVO...
  10. camera isnt working

camera isnt working: how do I fix my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-isnt-working/621f0700-de86-4d1b-a0ec-37b325d7b238