Windows 10: camera isnt working

Discus and support camera isnt working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do I fix my camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-isnt-working/621f0700-de86-4d1b-a0ec-37b325d7b238 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SheilaPavlich, Apr 18, 2020.

1. camera isnt working

how do I fix my camera

:)

SheilaPavlich, Apr 18, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

camera isnt working

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

camera isnt working

1. camera isnt working - Similar Threads - camera isnt working

2. my camera isnt working i am on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera isnt working i am on windows 11: my camera isn't working. the inbuilt camera light is switching off and on basically flickering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-isnt-working-i-am-on-windows-11/6da87a84-5ef8-4f2a-b50e-f4fd7fd1b41a
  3. my camera isnt working i am on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my camera isnt working i am on windows 11: my camera isn't working. the inbuilt camera light is switching off and on basically flickering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-isnt-working-i-am-on-windows-11/6da87a84-5ef8-4f2a-b50e-f4fd7fd1b41a
  4. BLUETOOTH ISNT WORKING

BLUETOOTH ISNT WORKING: So I have been using a school issued laptop and a variety of problems have ensued such as the touch pad not working unless connected with a wireless mouse, the wifi signal going out and showing no available networks, and most recently, not showing the bluetooth device but...
  5. Camera Isnt Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Isnt Working: my camera wasnt working so i tryed everything i can but it doesnt worked so the last thing i can do was reinstall the camera driver so i uninstalled it and restarted the pc but it doesnt got reinstalled so i think i need to install it manually and need the file of integrated...
  6. Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera isnt working and ive tried everything to fix it: im on windows 10 2009 my cam randomly stops working my bios has camera enabled i uninstalled my cam driver and rebooted no luck installed other drivers not my cam drivers but other camera drivers i knew that wasnt going to work my cam is just black submitted by...
  7. Windows update and now my camera isnt working

Windows update and now my camera isnt working: I recently did the Windows 10 update on my computer and now my camera isn't working. I have checked to make sure that it is turned on with all the permissions. I looked under hardware manager and my camera isn't even listed there. Can someone help me. I have a Samsung Galaxy...
  8. CAMERA ISNT WORKING

CAMERA ISNT WORKING: CAMERA WHEN STARTED SHOWS OBSTRUCTED VIEW,I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS D EXACT ISSUE ….DO I HAVR TO REMOVE THE STICKER LIKE THING NEAR THE WEBCAM OR WHAT DO I DO EXACTLY? MODEL - S340 LENOVO...
  9. Camera isnt working oxA00F4244

Camera isnt working oxA00F4244: I got an issue with my Apple window10 it was showing blue screen so i went to install new one so when i got home i tried operating my camera it was showing me Eroor Code oXA00F4244 i have tried so many means to solve the problem but its not working out The worst is that i...
  10. camera isnt working in Windows 10

camera isnt working in Windows 10: What App do I use for my WebCam to work in Windows 10? I've tried updating the drivers and resetting it and can't get it to come on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-isnt-working-in-windows-10/e7580a71-0a46-4143-9eb3-e174a4d33b18