Windows 10: Camera issue after windows update

Discus and support Camera issue after windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I updated my windows in order to install xbox's latest app as it was incompatible with my previous version which was some 4 5 years old. Now after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LakshyaSingh1, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Camera issue after windows update

I updated my windows in order to install xbox's latest app as it was incompatible with my previous version which was some 4 5 years old. Now after updating I saw that the integrated camera doesn't work in any of the apps that I use it in be it zoom or the Camera app or even google chrome. What happens is when I start the camera it opens n works only for 2 seconds and shuts down on its own and then after a second it starts again n works for 2 seconds n then shuts down again. And this loop continues for a while until it turns black. I indeed tried many of the steps given on various websites and from youtube videos but nothing worked. I uninstalled re-installed, rolled back the driver, again updated,check the privacy settings all was okay but still the cam doesn't work. So I need help on what should I do next.

:)

LakshyaSingh1, Mar 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Mar 20, 2021
  3. John Fer Win User
    Camera issue

Hello,

This issue might be caused by corrupted system files. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or pop-up message while using your camera?

Meanwhile, we suggest updating your generic drivers. To do that, follow the steps provided on this
    article.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Camera issue after windows update

Issues with copying the content from Camera to Windows 10

Hi Keld,

As you are facing issues with copying the photos from the Camera on to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the same issue persists when you try to connect the camera on different computer?

(This will let us know if the issue is with camera or the computer)

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any drivers with exclamatory mark in Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • Check for the drivers with exclamatory mark in yellow triangle.
    • If so, right click on the driver, click on Properties
      and check the device status.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the camera on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Camera issue after windows update

1. Camera issue after windows update - Similar Threads - Camera issue update

2. Camera Not detected after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Not detected after Windows update: I was able to use my camera earlier. But when my laptop restarted, I'm not getting this error.0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>My laptop is Acer Swift 3 and has a built in camera. Please help!...
  3. Camera Not detected after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Not detected after Windows update: I was able to use my camera earlier. But when my laptop restarted, I'm not getting this error.0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>My laptop is Acer Swift 3 and has a built in camera. Please help!...
  4. Camera issue in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera issue in Windows: I just updated my Windows 10 laptop and now my camera is not working. I have the camera app used for this camera. The camera hardware is on but no image showing in the app. I dont have any blocker on the lens or anything that blocks it. It is working before but not now. Im...
  5. Camera issue in Windows

Camera issue in Windows: I just updated my Windows 10 laptop and now my camera is not working. I have the camera app used for this camera. The camera hardware is on but no image showing in the app. I dont have any blocker on the lens or anything that blocks it. It is working before but not now. Im...
  6. No camera after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No camera after update: Log on this morning with camera and installed KB4601319 and KB4601050 now my camara is not working giving errorOxAOOF4243 and OxCOOD3704 telling me another app is using the camera which it is not.It asks if I need help but says it cant find anything wrong. I cant do anything...
  7. Camera is not working after Windows update

Camera is not working after Windows update: Hey, after a windows update my laptop camera doesnt work in browser and the camera app but still works in apps like zoom or skype. The Settings for the camera do accept everything not cortana ;. In the camera app it says that i need the Media Feature Pack for N- and KN-...
  8. Brightness issue with Camera and Skype app after Windows update.

Brightness issue with Camera and Skype app after Windows update.: I have been using my Windows 10 laptop for about 6 months and the camera has always been perfect. It always adjusted it's brightness and contrast to the light in the room. However, yesterday windows updated itself and my camera now is too bright. I have tried to adjust the...
  9. Camera issues with latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Camera issues with latest update: I began having camera issues with the latest update. When I try to use my camera I get a message displayed "We can't find your camera 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> I have tried going to device manager and updating drivers under both camera and images and now neither of...
  10. Camera after updating to Windows 10

Camera after updating to Windows 10: I am wondering why the camera on my HP will not show up on screen. When click on camera all I get is a black screen. I checked the privacy settings and they are set properly. I need some advice as to what to try next. Is there a way to reinstall the camera? Please help....