Windows 10: camera issue for 5559 laptop

Discus and support camera issue for 5559 laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought 5559 laptop in 2017 and now it does not seem to work well, every time I have to restart the laptop for google hangout as well as zoom. Camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ameypal, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Ameypal Win User

camera issue for 5559 laptop

I bought 5559 laptop in 2017 and now it does not seem to work well, every time I have to restart the laptop for google hangout as well as zoom. Camera works when the laptop is restarted but the display is very dark. All the updates are up to date. Any suggestion/help is appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

Ameypal, Jun 11, 2020

2. Camer is not working and touchpad is glitchy on Dell Inspiron 5559

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We are not able to check the error message provided by you from our end, please help us with the error message. For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Are you aware of any changed being made to the PC?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. Is the issue specific to only Camera application?

Refer the article to know
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

For the issue related to Camera: I suggest you to refer the article

Camera does not work in Windows 10

For the issue related to touchpad not working: I suggest you to try updating the drivers for touchpad and check if that helps. You can download the drivers from the

Dell website
    and install them.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 11, 2020
  4. camera issue for 5559 laptop

Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

camera issue for 5559 laptop

1. camera issue for 5559 laptop - Similar Threads - camera issue 5559

2. Camera issue on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera issue on MSI laptop: Hi guys. I have a problem with my built-in camera. F6 doesn't solve it. Laptop Pulse 15 B13VFK, running on Windows 11. Error code 0xA00F4244. Any suggestions how to solve it?...
  3. Camera issue on MSI laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on MSI laptop: Hi guys. I have a problem with my built-in camera. F6 doesn't solve it. Laptop Pulse 15 B13VFK, running on Windows 11. Error code 0xA00F4244. Any suggestions how to solve it?...
  4. Camera Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Issue: I have Dell Inspiron 3501 with Window 11, the camera app not working, when I try to troubleshoot, it tells that no camera found, no option in device manager for camera app, I tried every possible solution, but still same issue...
  5. Camera Issue

Camera Issue: I have Dell Inspiron 3501 with Window 11, the camera app not working, when I try to troubleshoot, it tells that no camera found, no option in device manager for camera app, I tried every possible solution, but still same issue...
  6. camera issue

camera issue: I cant find my camera in device manager please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-issue/b02100da-a98e-49be-b83a-7050d2491cd5
  7. Urgent laptop camera issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Urgent laptop camera issues: All of a sudden, my integrated laptop camera isn't working. On the camera app it says the error code is "0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x80070018)". I reset the camera then looked for the camera in the device manager, but it wasn't in there under imaging devices or...
  8. Camera issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera issues: Hi, I am having issues with my camera device. The image that comes up has multiple lines running up and down the screen. I have tried working along with the Help Agent but nothing they have suggested has worked. Thanks, Anita...
  9. laptop camera issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop camera issue: when iam turning on my laptop camera it is not giving a clear picture it is giving a blur vision can any one suggest me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-camera-issue/b8dc8324-1f86-4e2f-86d4-42d36467b887
  10. Surface laptop Camera Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface laptop Camera Issues: My camera and microphone have stopped working for video calls and Windows Hello says it couldn't turn on the camera. I have tried many of the suggested solutions with no luck and would love to know how to fix it. Thank you...