Windows 10: Camera Issue on brand new surface

Discus and support Camera Issue on brand new surface in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought a surface 2 days ago, couldn't set up Windows Hello and now getting this error when trying to access the camera. Only things running... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EmmaK0220, Dec 21, 2019.

1. EmmaK0220 Win User

Camera Issue on brand new surface

I just bought a surface 2 days ago, couldn't set up Windows Hello and now getting this error when trying to access the camera.

Only things running in Task Manager are Explorer and Mail

:)

EmmaK0220, Dec 21, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Camera on surface tablet

Hi,

You may flip the camera on your Surface by going in to the camera app settings. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the Camera App on your Surface.
    • Swipe down from the top of the camera window (this brings up the Camera Options, as seen below.)
    • Tap Change Camera.
    • Take picture as usual.
    • Tap Change Camera again if you would like the camera to facing you.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Dec 21, 2019
  3. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Camera Issue on brand new surface

SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Camera Issue on brand new surface

1. Camera Issue on brand new surface - Similar Threads - Camera Issue brand

2. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new Surface touchpad not working: I got a Surface 2 a few hours ago and as I'm setting it up I notice that the trackpad does not work consistently. I can move the mouse around fine but when I try to click on something with it, it doesn't really work. I'm pressing in different spots of the left side of the...
  3. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new Surface touchpad not working: I got a Surface 2 a few hours ago and as I'm setting it up I notice that the trackpad does not work consistently. I can move the mouse around fine but when I try to click on something with it, it doesn't really work. I'm pressing in different spots of the left side of the...
  4. Brand new Surface touchpad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Brand New Surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Surface Go: I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to...
  6. Issues with Brand-New Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Brand-New Computer: Hi all, I recently purchased a new PowerSpec G433 Gaming Desktop and am experiencing major issues with regards to video and audio freezing constantly when playing games, but never when just browsing online or doing work. Of the two games that I’ve tried on it (Minecraft,...
  7. issue with brand new keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    issue with brand new keyboard: Sculpt Keyboard only works for a few seconds and then dies. Mouse never stops working. Batteries are new (keyboard is new) tried: rebooting. windows updates. installed MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1 nothing uninstalled MouseKeyboardCenter_64bit_ENG_11.1...
  8. Surface laptop Camera Issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface laptop Camera Issues: My camera and microphone have stopped working for video calls and Windows Hello says it couldn't turn on the camera. I have tried many of the suggested solutions with no luck and would love to know how to fix it. Thank you...
  9. Brand new computers with network issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Brand new computers with network issues: I don't know why they got rid of homegroup in windows 10. It made things so much easier. Anyway I just got 2 brand new Dell XPS desktops and a Dell G3 15 laptop. They are all connected wirelessly. I have them all set to private network as this is a trusted home network....
  10. Camera issue on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera issue on Surface Pro 4: Sometime in the last couple of weeks, the camera on my Surface Pro 4 has stopped working. When I try to snap a picture, I get the error 0xa00F4292, PhotoCaptureStartTimeout and no photo is taken. What I have tried: uninstall/reinstall camera, update drivers (none found),...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa00f4292 surface pro