Windows 10: Camera light goes on and off

Discus and support Camera light goes on and off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; New Dell Inspiron 7590 has integrated webcam that is blinking off on on, even in the Camera app. Great machine but if I can't use it for video calls,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Texas BobD, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Camera light goes on and off

New Dell Inspiron 7590 has integrated webcam that is blinking off on on, even in the Camera app. Great machine but if I can't use it for video calls, what's the point given everybody is working from home.

This is using Microsoft USB drivers version 10.0.18362.815 consisting of ksthunk.sys, SecureUSBVideo.dll, usbvideo.sys, and WdbCompanionFilter.sys. The date on the driver says 6/1/2006, which seems crazy old but I have deinstalled the device a few times and the same drivers are re-installed.

I have been on chat or on the phone with Dell 3 times today and have installed a new bios, updated all drivers from the Support Assist app, and as mentioned, deinstalled the device a few times but nothing changes.

I have no idea if the webcam worked when the machine arrived a few days ago. I spent the first day moving the files over from my old machine using LapLink which in general worked well. And, before you ask, I checked the old Dell - that is using a Realtek integrated camera with totally different software, so can't use that software and at least LapLink didn't munge the camera drivers.

Dell is sending someone out to switch out the camera but this feels like a software issue and not a hardware problem to me - being working on PCs since 1984, so have some experience doing diagnostics and solving these types of problems.

Dell suggested that if replacing the camera doesn't work, I'll need to replace the OS, which means resynching it again - total PIA.

Thoughts?

:)

Texas BobD, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Inspiron 3521 camera grainy and lighting is bad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to use Camera app?

• Have you installed all the pending updates?

• Have you installed any third party application recently?
    Step 1: I would suggest you to open Camera app and check if you are able to access the webcam or not.

• Type camera app in search bar and you will be able to open camera app.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest available web-cam software from the manufacture web site and check if it helps.

Step 3: I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/camera-privacy-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Camera light goes on and off

Camera Light or flash light frozen on for ever

I have a Nokia 909 Windows 8.1 Phone. Suddenly, the camera light or flash light when on and it stays on frozen! I can find no way to turn it off. I when to AT & T retailer and they were unable to fix the problem neither. Any suggestions on how
    I can fix this problematic camera light or flash frozen on light? THE LIGHT OR FLASH LIGHT WON'T TURN OFF!hELP! PEASE!!!

BenitoGonzalez, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Camera light goes on and off

1. Camera light goes on and off - Similar Threads - Camera light goes

2. I JUST NOTICED THE CAMERA LIGHT QUICKLY ON AND OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I JUST NOTICED THE CAMERA LIGHT QUICKLY ON AND OFF: IM SO SCARED WHEN I CLICK THE INSTALL APP THEN IT POPPED UP "You thought this is hacking game LOL!"I QUICKLY NOTICED THAT MY COMPUTER CAMERA LIGHT ON AND OFF QUICKIM SCARED AND I NOTICED THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER WHEN I RESTART MY COMPUTER AND THEN LOG INBUT I...
  3. I JUST NOTICED THE CAMERA LIGHT QUICKLY ON AND OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I JUST NOTICED THE CAMERA LIGHT QUICKLY ON AND OFF: IM SO SCARED WHEN I CLICK THE INSTALL APP THEN IT POPPED UP "You thought this is hacking game LOL!"I QUICKLY NOTICED THAT MY COMPUTER CAMERA LIGHT ON AND OFF QUICKIM SCARED AND I NOTICED THERES SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER WHEN I RESTART MY COMPUTER AND THEN LOG INBUT I...
  4. camera green light showing but camera not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera green light showing but camera not working: camera app showing green but black screen appers when i take photo it takes of laptop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-green-light-showing-but-camera-not-working/15144928-7438-41eb-98a4-7fa90b754f38
  5. camera green light showing but camera not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera green light showing but camera not working: camera app showing green but black screen appers when i take photo it takes of laptop screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-green-light-showing-but-camera-not-working/15144928-7438-41eb-98a4-7fa90b754f38
  6. ps4 controller shows orange light then goes off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ps4 controller shows orange light then goes off: Whenever I plug my ps4 controller in it shows an orange light than just turns off and isn't recognized by anything and it is not ghostedpls help Ive tried everything and nothing seems to work....
  7. Camera goes off at intervals

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera goes off at intervals: I use my laptop for on line classes and requires me using the camera but my camera goes off at intervals. It's Acer ES14 Intel pentium Quad core Processor N 3700. Thanks for your help....
  8. PC suddenly goes into black screen the red light in the mouse also goes off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC suddenly goes into black screen the red light in the mouse also goes off: Hello everyone I am new to this forum and I would really like to solve a big and disruptive issue I am facing since I've built this new PC. When it occurs I can see that the entire PC is still on all the fans are on as usual and even the CPU's wraith fan has its lights on so...
  9. The camera goes on and off continuously.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The camera goes on and off continuously.: When I open the camera app, the camera starts but after 2 seconds it freezes and the picture is gone and again after 2 seconds it starts and again stops. And this starting and stopping goes on in a loop. But let me tell you the app does not closes in between all of this. And...
  10. Keyboard light is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard light is off: The backlight on my keyboard suddenly stopped working. I turned of my laptop and the next day when I turned it back on, no light on my keyboard. Can someone tell me how to get it back on? As usual the 'help' section - can't....