Windows 10: Camera locked in Windows 10?

Discus and support Camera locked in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For example, my camera is locked when I open Skype. A crossed out camera icon is displayed. Access to the camera is allowed for all apps. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 29Schnecke, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Camera locked in Windows 10?

For example, my camera is locked when I open Skype. A crossed out camera icon is displayed. Access to the camera is allowed for all apps. I have a Lenovo Yoga 710 with Windows 10, any ideas?

:)

29Schnecke, Aug 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update issue - camera

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

What is the make and model of the camera?

I would suggest you to make sure the camera is installed properly and listed under Device Manager.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option from the list.
    • Check if the Camera is listed in the devices list.
    If it is not listed then the Camera driver is not installed. I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

If the camera is listed in the device manager, then perform the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

You may try running the Hardware and Device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If that doesn’t work, then I would suggest you to perform troubleshooting steps from the link “What
    to do if you have problems with an app
    ” to diagnose and fix if the issue is with Camera app.

Method 3:

If this doesn’t fix the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the camera from Device Manager then reinstall it and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Select “Device Manager” option.
    • Search for Camera, then right click and select “Uninstall”.
    • Then restart the computer.
    • Download the latest driver from the Manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance related to Windows, we will be glad to assist you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Camera locked in Windows 10?

Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Camera locked in Windows 10?

1. Camera locked in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Camera locked

2. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  3. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  4. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lenovo camera locked on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo camera locked on windows 11: My laptop camera will not work on meeting platforms. I have turned on all camera permission, been through all settings. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-camera-locked-on-windows-11/36322090-f87c-4b12-8c20-a48295ca9420
  6. Lenovo camera locked on windows 11

Lenovo camera locked on windows 11: My laptop camera will not work on meeting platforms. I have turned on all camera permission, been through all settings. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-camera-locked-on-windows-11/36322090-f87c-4b12-8c20-a48295ca9420
  7. Camera showing Lock icon on Windows laptop

in Windows 10 News
    Camera showing Lock icon on Windows laptop: [IMG]If your Camera is showing a Lock icon on your Windows laptop, then this post will help you fix this issue. There can be a few reasons for this problem. It might be possible that your antivirus program is blocking the camera, you have incorrectly configured the privacy...
  8. So my integrated camera is not working. whenever I try to turn it on, it shows a Lock. A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So my integrated camera is not working. whenever I try to turn it on, it shows a Lock. A...: My integrated webcam does not work when I try to turn it on, It show a lock instead. Can someone tell me a solution to this please?!*Moved from feedback....
  9. why is my laptop camera displays a locked key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my laptop camera displays a locked key?: my laptop camera displays a locked key, even iif it is turned on and the camera light is on. still the camera displays is black and at the center is a locked key....
  10. why is my laptop camera displays a locked key?

why is my laptop camera displays a locked key?: my laptop camera displays a locked key, even iif it is turned on and the camera light is on. still the camera displays is black and at the center is a locked key....