Windows 10: Camera/microphone invisible to selected apps in the most recent Windows 10 environment

Discus and support Camera/microphone invisible to selected apps in the most recent Windows 10 environment in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I don't think I have a driver issue with my camera as I can see myself in the "Camera" app, but ever since Windows 10 updated, it seems access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pepelepew2, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Camera/microphone invisible to selected apps in the most recent Windows 10 environment

Hi, I don't think I have a driver issue with my camera as I can see myself in the "Camera" app, but ever since Windows 10 updated, it seems access to the camera is very complicated and "blanket" access can't be granted. I have managed to have skype, for example, "find" the camera, but web-based apps like zoom cannot seem to find it, regardless of which browser I use. I looked at permissions @ Settings/Camera and enabled everything I saw, but there still seems to be something missing. Something similar happens to the microphone as well. Thank you in advance for any clarifications you may provide... Best, P

:)

pepelepew2, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 16, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Camera/microphone invisible to selected apps in the most recent Windows 10 environment

Windows 10 camera and microphone

Hi Mary,

Integration of the camera and microphone systems on an application is facilitated by both the hardware and software components of your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're able to use the camera and microphone on other applications like Skype, Facebook, Google Hangouts etc.
    • The last changes made/activities performed on your device prior to the issue.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, please refer to the following links to troubleshoot the camera and microphone components of your device:

Troubleshoot camera

Troubleshoot microphone

Also, we'd recommend testing the camera using the application's test procedures. To do this, you can perform the following:

Before a meeting

• Login to the Zoom client.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click the Video tab.
    • You will then see a preview of your camera and you can choose a different camera if needed.
    • Click the Audio tab to test for sound.

During a meeting

• In the meeting controls, click the arrow nest to Mute/Unmute.
    • Click Audio options.
    • This will open the audio settings.
    • Click Test Speaker to play a sound. If you cannot hear it, select a different speaker from the menu or adjust the Output volume.
    • In the Microphone section, you will see the green Input Level bar move when Zoom is picking up audio.
    • Click the Test Mic to test your microphone.
    • Your audio will start recording. Click Recording when you are done and it will play back. You can select another microphone from the menu or adjust the input level.
    • Tick Automatically adjust microphone settings if you want Zoom to adjust the input volume automatically.

Note: The steps are based on the stated procedures from its developer's website. Please contact the developer should you need further application specific support.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Camera/microphone invisible to selected apps in the most recent Windows 10 environment

1. Camera/microphone invisible to selected apps in the most recent Windows 10 environment - Similar Threads - Camera microphone invisible

2. Windows Search results are mostly invisible

in Cortana
    Windows Search results are mostly invisible: I wasn't able to find any other forum or blog posts that had this exact same problem, and none of their solutions applied to my issue. It's not a major issue but it's pretty annoying to have to deal with having invisible search results and an invisible tab for switching...
  3. Camera app not working most of the time Windows 10 Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app not working most of the time Windows 10 Asus laptop: I was in a Zoom meeting yesterday and my camera worked fine i.e. people could see me on video. Today in a similar meeting it showed only a black screen. I've worked through the basics as recommended on the Microsoft help page:Checking camera app separately it still doesn't...
  4. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  5. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  6. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  7. Camera app icon invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app icon invisible: I updated the Camera app to version 2020.127.20.0 today on my laptop and now its icon/shortcut on the taskbar is there, but invisible. [img] It's OK on the Start menu. [img] Any ideas on how to fix that? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.815 155298
  8. Camera app icon invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    Camera app icon invisible: I updated the Camera app to version 2020.127.20.0 today on my laptop and now its icon/shortcut on the taskbar is there, but invisible. [img] It's OK on the Start menu. [img] Any ideas on how to fix that? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.815 155298
  9. Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update

Most Windows Apps not working after a recent Windows 10 Update: Hi I was already having Windows 10 on my PC which is a ASUS machine just two years old. Recently Microsoft prompted me to update my OS saying that the version that I was having will not be supported beyond November 2019. The Update was successfully installed on 07th August...
  10. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshoot camera app 2020.127.20.0