Windows 10: Camera Not Being Recognised

Discus and support Camera Not Being Recognised in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a camera I am trying to connect to my new computer (webcam). It works fine on my other computer but doesn’t work on my current one. Camera: USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Yeetukus, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Camera Not Being Recognised

I have a camera I am trying to connect to my new computer (webcam). It works fine on my other computer but doesn’t work on my current one.

Camera: USB Shows up in audio in devices on my other computer Doesn’t even show up in device manager on my new computer

Could someone help? I am very confused

submitted by /u/Yeetukus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Yeetukus, Sep 29, 2020

2. USB does not recognise my camera

Hi Jean,

An outdated driver may have caused the issue you're experiencing with your camera. To isolate the concern and provide effective troubleshooting steps, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried on your main computer?
    • Are there any error codes or error messages showing under Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Manager? To go to the
      Device Manager, right-click on the Start menu, then choose it from the list.

For now, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter which will automatically check and resolve hardware issues. Here are the steps to do so:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana, then select it from the list.
    • Click on View All on the top left corner.
    • Select Hardware and Devices from the list, then run the troubleshooter

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Lapsun camera won't recognise USB

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the lapsun camera?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

I would suggest you to go to the camera manufacturer website and check for the updated driver for Windows 10. If not available try installing the available driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Camera Not Being Recognised

Windows camera does not recognise Facebook as a background app?

My camera does not recognise Facebook in the list of background apps. My logitech camera is not recognised when I try to do a facebook live from my PC. Can someone please help me with this

GinaMendoza1, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Camera Not Being Recognised

1. Camera Not Being Recognised - Similar Threads - Camera Being Recognised

2. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  3. headset being recognised as headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset being recognised as headphones: i cant seem to get my headset and mic to connect as headset but instead it connects as headphones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-being-recognised-as-headphones/1162f263-5661-40a5-8178-f13ebcc55f37
  4. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  5. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not recognised: Hello,The built in webcam is not working on my Dell 15-7559 Inspiron. When I open the camera app, it gives me the code 'no cameras are attached'. The camera doesn't show up on device manager even under hidden devices. I have updated the laptop and still no luck.Thanks,Maya...
  6. Camera not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Ram not being recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram not being recognised: HiI am having problem with my pc. I have changed my computer from 32bit to 64bit. I am having 4gb ram and the os is win10. But it is still showing 3.49gb. I cleaned the ram and tried different suggestions but it still not recognized. Please help me!Thanks,Abhi...
  8. Memory card not being recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory card not being recognised: I have a Dell Inspiron 5750 laptop running Windows 10. The memory card has suddenly stopped being recognised when I insert it. The drive does not come up in File Explorer. I've done a system restore to when it was working and installed the Realtek Card reader from the...
  9. QT5WEBKIT.DLL NOT BEING RECOGNISED BY WINDOWS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    QT5WEBKIT.DLL NOT BEING RECOGNISED BY WINDOWS: My website building software will not publish to local folder or preview in my browser Windows error report states faulting module Qt5webkit.dll Eun reg says determine compatability as to whether 32 bit 0r 64 bit file All I know is there is a file in the application folder...
  10. Monitor Not Being Recognised

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor Not Being Recognised: I had a Window's 10 update this week and now my monitor - Dell E2313H - has lost its resolution settings. It was set to 1920x1080, but the drop down under Display Settings only goes up to 1280x1024. I looked in Device Manager and found that under Monitor it only says...